New ramp is built, engineering masterpiece

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bristar

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok guys, hope you all well...

Just a quick note to inform you that the ramp i asked my buddy to build me is completed..

Engineering masterpeice i tell ya... Pitch is totally adjustable, storage and portability is fantastic..

All that is left to do is cover it with some skaters grip tape and were ready to go..

I wasn't expecting something quite so well made, but he's really outdone himself..

I'll see about posting some pictures if your interested.. Really clever design but also very simple..

Laters Guys

Bristar

we need pics!!! all my ramps are big and heavy!! (they used to be skate and blade ramps!!) i need something portable!!

i can post pics but i have no where to have them hosted right now...

Not sure if i can post them in this thread or not.. don't wanna upset anyone..

Bristar

if you don't want to go through the hastle of registering with photobucket. email them to [email protected]

and I'll post them up here for you.

OK just took some pictures with my webcam and to be frank they are embarrasing quality wise and my digital camera is battery dead.. so i'll charge up my camera and take some decent snap of the ramp and it's construction...

May be a few tweaks to take place yet, such as slightly thicker boarding on the frame but they are minor changes just unscrew current board and replace with new..

So give me an hour or so for this damned camera to charge and i'll either post em on here or send em to vbgagnon for him to post for me... (very kind ty)

About an hour then guys..

Bristar

if i could find the damned camera charger.. bloody women.. "i never touched it"

yeah right

lol i like this guy! sounds like me house. once you find it she will be like "oh yea i put it there. i forgot.

ok searched all my usual spots and no-where to be found...

She still claims no knowledge, see if she can get some recall with a few slaps..

Maybe i'll hide her special towels, it must be that time of the month soon.. See who's not seen stuff around the house then eh..

On with the search, needed a ciggie break so i don't ring her neck..

Success, :banana:

In the kitchen on top of one of the units behind the cereals...

Also found my bluetooth headset for my phone been missing for months, also found my charger for my ipaq.. but i never ever go near the top of that cupboard so i know full well it was her who put them there..

She is claiming total innocence, i will never win so i will have to admit defeat..

At least she thinks i'm admitting defeat.. little does she know she has increased my determination to buy myself another nitro...

Hyper 7 here we come lol

Anyway, charging up the camera whilst i regain my cool..

Pic's in a while then

LMAO dude, you are now on my "funny guy" list...."special towels" he says....i think i peed my pants a little on that one.

what size would you like the pic's if i post them up here 800x 800 please let me know and i will post accordingly..

Cheers

Bristar

rcnt rules states no bigger then 800x600

but if your good you can link to a thumbnail and when you click on it then you get a bigger pic. i dont know how to do this so you will have to find out elsewere.

Bristar said:
Success, :banana: She is claiming total innocence, i will never win so i will have to admit defeat..

Your wife and my wife must be related.

Ok, here we go not sure how well this is going to come across but we'll try anyways..

There's a shot of the ramp at full pitch one at mid-pitch and back veiw and a shot of it closed a flat as it goes...

Also included a close up of the wing nut area so you can see how it adjusts..

Will get some shots of it in use, as soon as the weather warms up as we got freezig temps here right now and i can't be doing with standing in the cold with frozen fingers trying desperatly to keep warm..

Much as i would like to get out and get some air from this ramp asap..

Let me know your thoughts please as this is our 1st attempt at a ramp, i reckon it'll do a great job as i say my only concern is the thickness of the top board but as i said earlier this is easily corrected by just getting thicker board..

Just for interest this has cost me nothing.. Zero ... nowt..

Blimey something for free in nitro r/c surely not possibly..

Bristar

Attachments

• ramp full pitch.JPG
    ramp full pitch.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 182
  • ramphalf pitch.JPG
    ramphalf pitch.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 142
  • rampflataspossible.JPG
    rampflataspossible.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 145
  • rampbackveiw.JPG
    rampbackveiw.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 153
  • adjusterwingnutand slide.JPG
    adjusterwingnutand slide.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 149
Wow man, that thing would probably be the nicest piece of furniture in my house! Very nice job!

very nice idea but i think my savage would plow strait through it. what is that 1/4 in pannleing? not bad for the first try though.

on your next attempt you may want to look into a curved ramp surface like this.

DSC00339.gif

the curve gives you more ups without killing your speed. if you set your ramp to high it will be like hitting a wall.

you also may want to check into putting some cross braces on the ramp part. we hit my ramp hard enough to make gouges in it with the bumper, i have a feeling that i would shatter that one.

Last edited:
That ramp looks like it was slapped together in 10 minutes though(The one beason showed)...just don't stand on them :)

spit you need to look again. that ramp is biult out of 2x6 lumber every 6inches. covered with 1/2 plywood. the only thing that looks "slapped together" is where i added the two long pieces so the ramp would reach the ground. that thing used to be part of a skate board/rollerblade halfpipe. you could drive a 1.1 can on that thing and it wouldnt move.

SpitFireV12RR said:
That ramp looks like it was slapped together in 10 minutes though(The one beason showed)...just don't stand on them :)

you build one then, goober.

Back