New picco .28 monster build!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big Kudo's to Robinson Racing - they are sending me a new 2nd gear set, looks like it was a packaging error, wide ratio top shaft gear & std ratio main gear resulting in too tight of a mesh. The gears were 18/39 & should have been 18/38.
Good customer service there.

Slipper was most likely a combination of slight missalignment & lotsa debris being thrown through the gears from me being stupid & spraying gravel & poop everywhere doing donuts, drifting & flick turns.

I'll make a guard for the slipper so I can indulge in shenanigans without killing it.

Gonna have to do some research on a bell to suit the losi clutch, RR slipper (1.0 pitch) & 18-20t. I'll have a look at the ofna bells.
Gearing it up will help with longevity of the driveline.

I was looking at the vantage chassis, but nil stock ATM, so that can wait. I'll just align the trans properly & fit some roll pins to locate it.

I've ordered new bulkheads, new body mounts & a new trans mainshaft & 1-2 clutch, I won't use the shaft, but I need the clutch & I'll keep the shaft as a spare.

---------- Post added at 5:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:39 PM ----------

That slayer looks nuts, gotta be close on uncontrollable with the narrower wheelbase & smaller wheels!

The shoes on the losi 8ight clutch are exposed maybe 1/16" because of the screw heads on the clutch, but it seems to work....

Ordered a HPI savage 19t clutch bell, 1.0 pitch so it should match the RR slipper.
RR are sending me new 2nd gear bits & a new slipper gear.
Also ordered a set of road rage 40 series tyres to go on my new beadlocks.

I'll pull the truck to bits in the next few days & start sorting stuff & making a guard for the slipper.
I may even pull my finger out & finish off the 56 F100 body I have for it & mod the roll cage to fit the effy body.

Have to fix the wheelie bar too, I bent the screws that hold the wheels on & lost a wheel (it's currently replaced by an old TRX clutch bell screwed on LOL).

I was thinking of getting the integy beadlocks. How's the quality? I'm going to get the hpi bell in 20t.

Ckeith you do anything to the transmission to handle all that power? It makes me want to build up a slayer pro thanks!

I was thinking 20t, but then remembered that that'd put even more load on the clutch, I'll try the 19t first & see how the clutch goes, if it's fine I'll get a 20t.

Integy bead lock look ok, how good the alloy is for the bead lock rings will only be told after I've barrel rolled it a few times (shouldn't be long).

Just finished stripping my trans, all the bearings are toast & I had (another) snapped drive pin for the output gear on the main shaft. That'd be 6-7 of those pins I've snapped, so I made a new one from an ARP rod bolt in the lathe.
Cleaned all the metal dust out of the cases, gave all the shafts a quick linish, wire wheeled the crap out of the undamaged gear teeth & got it all cleaned up ready to go back together.

Back