New PC Build 2021

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Thermal Grizzly Conductinaut liquid metal thermal paste.
Nvidia RTX 3080TI
Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master edition motherbaord.
32GB of G.Skill Ripjaw 3600mhz CS16 DDR4 memory
Asus Hyper M.2 x16 expansion card.
2x Western Digital SN850 500GB NVMe M.2 Drives set up in Raid 1 for the OS.
3x Gigabyte Aorus 1TB NVMe M.2 drives set up in raid 5 for everything else.
Phanteks Glacier 1 240MP AIO CPU water cooling loop.
Corsair 750W PSU
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh series case (highly recommend btw. amazing PC case for $130)

Sorry I didnt think to take "build pics" as I was building it so I only have the finished snapshot and a video that demos all the various lighting modes for the LEDs. Look how big the RTX 3080TI video card is compared to my Kraton 4S!!! 🤯
20211213_104107.jpg

20211213_104019.jpg

19-113-664-V01.jpg

20-232-907-V01.jpg

20-250-162-01.jpg
20211208_063631.jpg

20211208_063721.jpg

20211208_063744.jpg

A85V_1_20200128445198510.jpg
AFSTS200713xEPbE.jpg

Last edited:
So cool. This is the younger generations "hot rod". I can understand their sitting at the gaming table for hours on end. PC like this is mesmerizing. And capabilities beyond my meager knowledge of electronics. Nice work.

There's an old Dell stacked in a corner out in my garage. Have often wondered what I could do with the rack. I love seeing the innards of a PC with all the busy stuff going on in there. Kind of like building an RC, then putting a clear body on it.

Cheers. 'AC'

Last edited:
I'm not part of the younger generation but I've certainly built my share of PC "hotrods" and wasted many many hours of my life gaming lol

I'm not part of the younger generation but I've certainly built my share of PC "hotrods" and wasted many many hours of my life gaming lol
Hear ya. May have to pull that old Dell out of the garage to see if it will run a copy of Motocross Madness2 I bought off Ebay. Built me a KTM to ride the power line on that game disc. Spent many an hour at the keyboard on that one. Have three BattleTech games too I'd like to bring to life again. Maybe one could do a "build back" on the PC to activate those old discs?

Remember back '98-'00 when Army had me posted to Korea. Yongsan/Seoul would host two weekend PC gaming competitions yearly for the Korean peninsula. We'd erect four GP Large tents for the gamers and power them up with our portable generators. We had to turn gamers away, so many showed up. Great training for my guys too in running generators to provide 72 hours of smooth uninterrupted power.

Cheers. 'AC'

Hear ya. May have to pull that old Dell out of the garage to see if it will run a copy of Motocross Madness2 I bought off Ebay. Built me a KTM to ride the power line on that game disc. Spent many an hour at the keyboard on that one. Have three BattleTech games too I'd like to bring to life again. Maybe one could do a "build back" on the PC to activate those old discs?

Remember back '98-'00 when Army had me posted to Korea. Yongsan/Seoul would host two weekend PC gaming competitions yearly for the Korean peninsula. We'd erect four GP Large tents for the gamers and power them up with our portable generators. We had to turn gamers away, so many showed up. Great training for my guys too in running generators to provide 72 hours of smooth uninterrupted power.

Cheers. 'AC'
Theres a ton of different emulators out there you can install and set up on a current PC that will allow you to play all kinds of stuff. Theres even a ton of them out there for retro console gaming.

So cool. This is the younger generations "hot rod". I can understand their sitting at the gaming table for hours on end. PC like this is mesmerizing. And capabilities beyond my meager knowledge of electronics. Nice work.

There's an old Dell stacked in a corner out in my garage. Have often wondered what I could do with the rack. I love seeing the innards of a PC with all the busy stuff going on in there. Kind of like building an RC, then putting a clear body on it.

Cheers. 'AC'
Very interesting perspective on it.

My computer knowledge is very limited. I like pcs over laptops, and there have all kinds of goodies inside.... platinum, aluminum, gold etc.

Love the different color leds in there.

Back