New motor/esc Losi Mini 8ight

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mind is elsewhere today as I'm at work and my dad got in a car accident . He is ok thankfully. But you're totally right @hamz9561

Attachments

• 33915.jpeg
    33915.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 207
  • 33913.jpeg
    33913.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Oh, ok... It doesn't sound like it's too messed up then.... I don't think you have to trash it... Of course, thats fast diagnosis from the confines of my kitchen at the moment! Lol!
I was asking about the type of charger to see about its capabilities... That charger should be fully capable of cycling the battery full balance charge and discharge. That will likely straighten it out although it may take more than one cycle to do it. You're more or less good to go at this point!

Oh, ok... It doesn't sound like it's too messed up then.... I don't think you have to trash it... Of course, thats fast diagnosis from the confines of my kitchen at the moment! Lol!
I was asking about the type of charger to see about its capabilities... That charger should be fully capable of cycling the battery full balance charge and discharge. That will likely straighten it out although it may take more than one cycle to do it. You're more or less good to go at this point!
Yeah, I was thinking when it was done charging it was a bigger gap than that, but I can't remember. I'm going to check my charger manual tonight and see if it can cycle the lipo. I know it will for nimh and nicd.

I just read thru the features real quick and it looks like it will... But that depends on which mdl exactly etc... The one I looked at looked like a real nice charger!

HOLY CRAP!!! I just saw the post about the accident! Glad he is ok!!! Is he in the jeep or the semi?

I just read thru the features real quick and it looks like it will... But that depends on which mdl exactly etc... The one I looked at looked like a real nice charger!
Yeah I did a lot of research before buying guide it
HOLY CRAP!!! I just saw the post about the accident! Glad he is ok!!! Is he in the jeep or the semi?

Yeah, I did a lot of research before buying that charger and tried to make it the last one I bought. especially spending that kind of money.

Yeah thankfully he is ok. he was in the jeep.

I had the mini VXL motor and stock Losi esc in my M8. It was good until I started launching it off of ramps. The motor was resting on the chassis and was taking all of the shock from the landings, it ended up killing it. The ESC was fine but I ended up going with the micro sidewinder setup as a replacement though.

I had the mini VXL motor and stock Losi esc in my M8. It was good until I started launching it off of ramps. The motor was resting on the chassis and was taking all of the shock from the landings, it ended up killing it. The ESC was fine but I ended up going with the micro sidewinder setup as a replacement though.
Thanks for the reply. I don't know much about electric. not familiar with the micro sidewinder. I'll look into it though. I have seen the micro x though