New Losi 1/10 1972 Chevy C10 Pickup Truck V100 AWD RTR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Now this looks interesting!
https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...m_content=Spot1&utm_campaign=10072021_Surface
Screenshot_20211007-105727_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211007-110130_Chrome.jpg

LOS03034T2_A13_PBDPE6L1.jpg

I like it. kinda wish thy would pick another year as everyone has a 72.

I think when Horizon licenses a vehicle they are trying to get as much out of it as they can. But being a Ford fan, that is my favorite Chevy truck body. I just love it. But I agree, it would be nice to see other bodies. I blame the automotive industry. To charge for someone basically advertising your vehicles by making scale versions is just ridiculous.

I like what Kyosho did with the Mad Crusher. They basically made a version of the Ford F series, but didn't make it a scale replica.

I'd love to see a '65 Ford body like this 🤔

I love the body but the chassis looks like a cheap pos. 🤷‍♂️
Considering this is a RTR, it is in a great entry level price range when you compare it to the Tamiya on-road offerings. Maybe you are trying to compare it to higher end kits costing far more money?

Just looking at it, it is a far more sturdy design than the Tamiya TT-02 line, which ranges from about $110- $150. And you still need a radio, receiver, and servo for those.

I haven't looked at the aftermarket on this chassis, but I bet you can hop this up quite a bit.

Considering this is a RTR, it is in a great entry level price range when you compare it to the Tamiya on-road offerings. Maybe you are trying to compare it to higher end kits costing far more money?

Just looking at it, it is a far more sturdy design than the Tamiya TT-02 line, which ranges from about $110- $150. And you still need a radio, receiver, and servo for those.

I haven't looked at the aftermarket on this chassis, but I bet you can hop this up quite a bit.
Thats true about the comparison. I am heavily biased against cheap rigs. I think it was ingrained in me from a young age. My mom drilled a saying in to my head growing, up that I now spew out all the time. "Theres nothing so expensive as something cheap." I was taught to save money and get the best. Not that I have a problem with cheap rigs in and of themselves, if they have good aftermarket support, but that was just my knee-jerk reaction to seeing it based on my bias.

Thats true about the comparison. I am heavily biased against cheap rigs. I think it was ingrained in me from a young age. My mom drilled a saying in to my head growing, up that I now spew out all the time. "Theres nothing so expensive as something cheap." I was taught to save money and get the best. Not that I have a problem with cheap rigs in and of themselves, if they have good aftermarket support, but that was just my knee-jerk reaction to seeing it based on my bias.
I understand where you are coming from. I tend to always buy above my paygrade, but my paygrade is far less than what it used to be. But in my current predicament, I don't have the luxury of judging an RC based on price. That, and my eyes always look at the designs first before anything.

Just comparing this Losi chassis to a Tamiya TT02, it looks to be a pretty good design. Where the A-arms on the TT02 are barely triangulated, and the wheels flop around under throttle and braking, this Losi has nice triangulation. I personally see a lot of good design in it.

Granted, it is a plastic chassis (like most RC's today), but it is obviously aimed at an entry level RC, and it is a good looking one at that.

I understand where you are coming from. I tend to always buy above my paygrade, but my paygrade is far less than what it used to be. But in my current predicament, I don't have the luxury of judging an RC based on price. That, and my eyes always look at the designs first before anything.

Just comparing this Losi chassis to a Tamiya TT02, it looks to be a pretty good design. Where the A-arms on the TT02 are barely triangulated, and the wheels flop around under throttle and braking, this Losi has nice triangulation. I personally see a lot of good design in it.

Granted, it is a plastic chassis (like most RC's today), but it is obviously aimed at an entry level RC, and it is a good looking one at that.
I wasn't referring to the price tag, I just meant the rig itself looked cheaply built and has cheap electronics in it. I aint hatin on anyone that likes it and I agree theres got to be entry level kits, it just aint my koolaid was all I was sayin'. Dat body is fire tho! 🔥🔥🔥

I wasn't referring to the price tag, I just meant the rig itself looked cheaply built and has cheap electronics in it. I aint hatin on anyone that likes it and I agree theres got to be entry level kits, it just aint my koolaid was all I was sayin'. Dat body is fire tho! 🔥🔥🔥
I am not sure what is cheap looking about the chassis that is any worse than any other car in this price range. But any RTR for $229 isn't going to have the best electronics. To me, the chassis looks to be pretty solid.

I think when Horizon licenses a vehicle they are trying to get as much out of it as they can. But being a Ford fan, that is my favorite Chevy truck body. I just love it. But I agree, it would be nice to see other bodies. I blame the automotive industry. To charge for someone basically advertising your vehicles by making scale versions is just ridiculous.

I like what Kyosho did with the Mad Crusher. They basically made a version of the Ford F series, but didn't make it a scale replica.

I'd love to see a '65 Ford body like this 🤔
I understand that, but with all the 72s, give us a 454ss truck or something!

I want thst Kyosho body. Reminds me of the f750 in snowrunner.

I am not sure what is cheap looking about the chassis that is any worse than any other car in this price range. But any RTR for $229 isn't going to have the best electronics. To me, the chassis looks to be pretty solid.
Naw, I get that brutha and you're right against other rigs in its class I'm sure its fine. Again I'm comapring it to higher end kits out of my own bias and basing my opinion on that.
give us a 454ss truck or something!
Yes please!

I understand that, but with all the 72s, give us a 454ss truck or something!

I want thst Kyosho body. Reminds me of the f750 in snowrunner.
Yeah, a 454SS would be sweet.

what am i missing? is this not a vaterra?

Not sure how I missed this thread, and I kinda wished I didn't find it. Now, it looks like it's at the top of my want list 🙄

Not sure how I missed this thread, and I kinda wished I didn't find it. Now, it looks like it's at the top of my want list 🙄
I'm with Racer 1966 on this one now that I had a taste of RC drag racing. I'd have the Drag Slash over this one.

I'm with Racer 1966 on this one now that I had a taste of RC drag racing. I'd have the Drag Slash over this one.
I'm not a drag guy. I prefer corners......but, not in an extreme drifting way. I like fast cars with grippy tires.

Back