New LCG chassis for the slash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
New LCG chassis for the slash. Installed it yesterday after getting it. It will handle so much better on the track. My mind changes up all the time. I was originally doing a monster slash build but I had a problem where the wheel rubs the arm and It would be better for me to get a rc monster truck instead of building one out of my slash. I will put on my stock tires and drive it outside today to see how it handles. I will go to the track sometime this week. I had a slight problem where the front skid plate didn't line up with the chassis. The problem was the servo arm was too long so my uncle got one of his spare ones for me that is a little bit shorter. I also got the proline body mounts since I didn't want to deal with the body clips. I lost one of the grub screws so I will get a proline body mount cap and grubscrew kit. I just put the stock body mounts back on so I can run it today. Next for the slash is a brushless system, 2s lipos, new and better servo, RPM Front and rear shock towers, camber and steering links, new radio system and transponder since I want to get into racing, Shocks, new diff if the stock one can't hold up to the brushless power. Also a new body.
PXL_20211225_174144523.MP.jpg
PXL_20211225_174149434.MP.jpg
PXL_20211226_033723516.MP.jpg
PXL_20211226_033726341.MP.jpg
PXL_20211226_033731584.MP.jpg
PXL_20211226_033740209.MP.jpg

New LCG chassis for the slash. Installed it yesterday after getting it. It will handle so much better on the track. My mind changes up all the time. I was originally doing a monster slash build but I had a problem where the wheel rubs the arm and It would be better for me to get a rc monster truck instead of building one out of my slash. I will put on my stock tires and drive it outside today to see how it handles. I will go to the track sometime this week. I had a slight problem where the front skid plate didn't line up with the chassis. The problem was the servo arm was too long so my uncle got one of his spare ones for me that is a little bit shorter. I also got the proline body mounts since I didn't want to deal with the body clips. I lost one of the grub screws so I will get a proline body mount cap and grubscrew kit. I just put the stock body mounts back on so I can run it today. Next for the slash is a brushless system, 2s lipos, new and better servo, RPM Front and rear shock towers, camber and steering links, new radio system and transponder since I want to get into racing, Shocks, new diff if the stock one can't hold up to the brushless power. Also a new body. View attachment 139625View attachment 139626View attachment 139627View attachment 139628View attachment 139629View attachment 139631
Nice job bud. The reason your wheels rubbed the arms. Is because you need to add hub extentions. When you go to the bigger tire along with a different offset to the rim.