New LC racing EMB-TGHK kit need some help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BowerR64

RC Newbie
Reaction score
SO i ordered this kit because i wanted a better radio, i havnt built one of these in about 15 years and some of the RTR kits I've seen didnt like the way some things were done.

So now i have the kit and the radio i want, I'm not sure what electronics i need, i havnt been into this long enough to know the good servos and motors.

I'm not planning to race it just buzz it around the house

I started with the WLToys 144001 that kinda got me back into it and after i tore that one up i decided to get something a little better. My buddy got the Associated reflex 14T its a little better then the WLtoys but i didnt want to get the exact same thing as he got. I do like his truggie better his body is keeping his together a little better then mine i already tore up the front end on mine because of the exposed front end.

SO where I'm at is the truck and flysky GT3C radio are on the way i just need to order a motor and esc for it. I also dont know what servo to get, since i have the flysky radio on the way i dont want to get a high dollar server sine i wont be racing i just want something similar to the RTR stock one what ever it is?

The manual may have some of that stuff in it but i figured it might take me a few days to build the car anyway so i could order then i guess

I did watch one video about motors, not sure if i want to go with the 380 size which i think the RTR uses or a 540 size?

The speed of the WLToys 144004 is about right, my buddies AE goes about the same speed and i think his uses a 380 size but his motor is usually pretty hot after a full pack.

I was suprised his didnt run much longer then the brushed setup of the 144001 so even that electronics setup would be enough

Any ideas would be great

You will need:
  • Transmitter and Receiver .id get a 2.4ghz .. i like the nb4
  • Battery (NiMH 6 cell 2/3c or 95x30mm Lipo) and Charger
  • 380 size motor and ESC (not included) this a 1/14 scale so almost any mini motor combo will work..
  • Gear Differential Oil
  • Shock Oil
  • Assembly tools
  • Paint for lexan body

SO i ordered this kit because i wanted a better radio, i havnt built one of these in about 15 years and some of the RTR kits I've seen didnt like the way some things were done.

So now i have the kit and the radio i want, I'm not sure what electronics i need, i havnt been into this long enough to know the good servos and motors.

I'm not planning to race it just buzz it around the house

I started with the WLToys 144001 that kinda got me back into it and after i tore that one up i decided to get something a little better. My buddy got the Associated reflex 14T its a little better then the WLtoys but i didnt want to get the exact same thing as he got. I do like his truggie better his body is keeping his together a little better then mine i already tore up the front end on mine because of the exposed front end.

SO where I'm at is the truck and flysky GT3C radio are on the way i just need to order a motor and esc for it. I also dont know what servo to get, since i have the flysky radio on the way i dont want to get a high dollar server sine i wont be racing i just want something similar to the RTR stock one what ever it is?

The manual may have some of that stuff in it but i figured it might take me a few days to build the car anyway so i could order then i guess

I did watch one video about motors, not sure if i want to go with the 380 size which i think the RTR uses or a 540 size?

The speed of the WLToys 144004 is about right, my buddies AE goes about the same speed and i think his uses a 380 size but his motor is usually pretty hot after a full pack.

I was suprised his didnt run much longer then the brushed setup of the 144001 so even that electronics setup would be enough

Any ideas would be great
The kit comes with a servo. For a motor I would get the Tenshock 4850kv motor and either a WP10BL60, a 10BL60 or a Max10. You can use the 16BL30 but it runs rather hot, at least mine does anyway.

Thanks slick 2500 for your help.

what about the gears, the problem with the 144001 is the gears and stuff not fitting.

Does the kit come with gears and what size?

Seems backwards the kit comes with a servo, when i was into it back in the day the radio kits came with transmitter servo and receiver. Never would of thought the car kit had a servo but ill take it.

IS there a kit that has both motor and esc that would work? I'm not registered to any of the rc shops yet most things I've ordered on amazon an ebay so far.

Thanks slick 2500 for your help.

what about the gears, the problem with the 144001 is the gears and stuff not fitting.

Does the kit come with gears and what size?

Seems backwards the kit comes with a servo, when i was into it back in the day the radio kits came with transmitter servo and receiver. Never would of thought the car kit had a servo but ill take it.

IS there a kit that has both motor and esc that would work? I'm not registered to any of the rc shops yet most things I've ordered on amazon an ebay so far.

https://casterracingmi.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=173&product_id=1754

From the description.
Includes 3 pinions 16/17/18 tooth. They are 0.5 mod gears like the Mini 8ight.

The kits from Warren Rc come in 3 configurations.

KIT Options:

"Kit Alone" is just the kit as stated above

"Stock" comes with the stock size 4500kv motor (L6153), Hobbywing 30Amp ESC, male deans end and a 2s lipo

"PRO" comes with 60amp Max10 rtr esc, L6153 motor and a 2s lipo

It looks like he is out of pro kits at the moment though.

Back