New issue with 1/5 kraton servo saver , the servo is 18 t and the available servo spline adaptors are 15 and 17 t only

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karim

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hi guyz it seems this roller will just stay sitting beside me with issue after the other
Now i found out the the servo that came with it is Ds 5160 with 18 t and the supplied with the kit servo spline adaptors are 15 and 17 t only
i searched online for applicable 18 t spline adabters but couldnt find any , so any solution guyz ?

91048FB4-9498-4018-B959-9A6DAC248C36.jpeg

Not sure what you are even trying to do? Do you need a new servo saver for it? Are you trying to put a different servo horn on it? No idea how to help you here.

The servo that came with the used karaton was installed with just a 18t metal servo horn and the previous owner already removed the servo saver
so i tried to install the servo saver instead but found out that the servo saver uses 15t or 17t spiline adapters but the already installed servo had a 18t so i guess thats why the previous owner used the metal servo horn
So the question is what is my options if i wanted to install the servo saver ?

Last edited:
He wanted a servo saver, the metal arm would probably kill the servo in crashes.
i read online that the servo will be killed without the saver but i just can’t install it
and i dont want to keep using the same 18t metal horn i found with it , its the same arm in the links greywolf provided
so i guess no option but to buy a whole new servo or what 🤪

Either go with the aluminum arm, or buy a new servo. Not having any luck finding an 18t servo saver. It won't necessarily kill the servo. I run a lot of high torque servos without servo savers.

3EAEC5E0-E2D2-494B-9160-8EC11061BF8C.jpeg

Ok then i will use this servo with the metal arm till it dies then when i buy a new one i will keep an eye on it to be 15t or 17t
thnx alot for your help

If you have any friends close by with a 3d printer, you could have them print a different adapter.

If you have any friends close by with a 3d printer, you could have them print a different adapter.
I tried 3d printing at the colleage in a project before and to set down and prep the design drawings for this then print it. Thats hours of work
but i will see what i can do
thnx for all of your advices guyz really appreciate it

He wanted a servo saver, the metal arm would probably kill the servo in crashes.
Apparently I didnt make my post edit fast enough.

i read online that the servo will be killed without the saver but i just can’t install it
and i dont want to keep using the same 18t metal horn i found with it , its the same arm in the links greywolf provided
so i guess no option but to buy a whole new servo or what 🤪
This is what end point adjustments are for.

I tried 3d printing at the colleage in a project before and to set down and prep the design drawings for this then print it. Thats hours of work
but i will see what i can do
thnx for all of your advices guyz really appreciate it
If I had the parts in hand, I could have a suitable adapter designed in about 10 minutes, and have a prototype printed within a couple hours. It's not a difficult part to design.