New Engine oil bath or not ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennettironman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Got myself a new SIRIO X3 engine but there’s no specific engine break in instructions or methods
Do I spend the extra money and send it away for oil bath break in or shall I just do it myself ?
Got a heat gun etc so no issue with equipment
Other thing is You Tube is awash with so many different methods do I follow any in particular
Adam Drake ? Elliot Boots

Unsure 🫤

Got myself a new SIRIO X3 engine but there’s no specific engine break in instructions or methods
Do I spend the extra money and send it away for oil bath break in or shall I just do it myself ?
Got a heat gun etc so no issue with equipment
Other thing is You Tube is awash with so many different methods do I follow any in particular
Adam Drake ? Elliot Boots

Unsure 🫤

Yes ,it will save you fuel on break-in an the head ache ,also it relieves the pressure off the rod & piston
when it is being forced to be broke in with an overly rich fuel setting!

The new heat bath break-in is pure genus an is well worth it!..;):thumbs-up::cool:

Yes ,it will save you fuel on break-in an the head ache ,also it relieves the pressure off the rod & piston
when it is being forced to be broke in with an overly rich fuel setting!

The new heat bath break-in is pure genus an is well worth it!..;):thumbs-up::cool:
Got a link? I'm looking at atleast 2 new nitros this year.

Back