New diff gears for MLST....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested to see how those hold up.

i am very interested as well, i dont even drive mine as I'm worried about smashing the diffs. i put in a center locker and it all went to crap...

they say "sealed".. i would like to know if they truly are like you can put oil in them... keep us informed man!!

Got the rear installed yesterday. Ran 2 packs through it covering different types of terrain. (pavement, dirt, rock, thick grass, etc) Seems to be holding up. Compared to the stock diff anyways, stock busted after 1 pack...lol.......

I have no idea what they are made out of but the diff does look better made. Looks more "high quality".....

One thing I didn't like was the spider gears felt "notchy" after installing the outdrives. I used the stock spiders insted and its doing fine. I never had a problem with the spiders so didn't think it would hurt. I'll try the GPM spiders in the front diff, ight just need to be run-in.

As far as being "sealed", they didn't have any seals and I didn't try to put any oil in them.

So far I'm pleased but have only run the few packs....time will tell......LOL

Post more later as things happen.....LOL

-Nitro

an update on these?? I'm fixing to buy some for myself!

Well so far I've run 3 packs through the truck with only the GPM in the rear. I blew out the stocker in the front and am going to replace it sometime this week. All I can say is so far so good. But time will tell..........

beason - get a set and let me know how they do in your truck......I don't really run the mini hard so it may be that if it was run hard they might not hold up. Oh yea, I'm running a locked center diff as well..........

-Nitro

beason......you ever get a set bro? Mine's holding up somewhat I guess.....no probs as of yet but like I said, I haven't really tried to blow the gears.....LOL

-Nitro

i havent ordered them yet, I'm waiting on my charger to come back so i can drive it. i just replaced the gears in it.

Back