New Common RC Connector Pic

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this thread and decided I should sign up. That picture of all the connectors is an awesome resource and should be a sticky!!

As a guy who had rcs some 30 years ago, I found it very informative. The battery connectors I started using way back when, after the Tamiya ones started melting, were called Anderson Power Pole! I didn’t know that. But they never melted on me!

Being the owner of an original RC10, which came with this style motor connector:
IMG_0152.jpeg

I’ll call it “Associated motor connector male”. I don’t have a female one left anymore to show.

Also I used these as my motor connectors:
IMG_0153.jpeg
could not find any information on them, but they date to around 1990. They have a + and - designation molded into the plastic near the solder tabs, but no manufacturer info. They also came with a plastic dummy plug to protect the female connection from short circuits, if you used them for a battery/esc.

Welcome to the forum, Hornet49. Lots of old timers here. You'll blend right in.

Still have PowerPoles in my stash, along with the odd adapters fashioned back in the day. Actually ran PowerPoles on my 2008 Electric Top Fuel Dragster and never melted one either. Good seeing them mentioned again. They'd pass al lot of amps.

Again, welcome. Cheers. 'AC'

20231001_164025_forum resize.jpg

20231001_164035_forum resize.jpg

Also I used these as my motor connectors:
1696331287928.png
could not find any information on them, but they date to around 1990. They have a + and - designation molded into the plastic near the solder tabs, but no manufacturer info. They also came with a plastic dummy plug to protect the female connection from short circuits, if you used them for a battery/esc.
AYK/Race Prep

Back