New club for Cambridge, UK.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gramps

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Greetings!

I have no idea about how many guys from the UK come on here, but for those who do I've got some good news!

In a couple of weeks we will be officially opening the "Cambs R/C Racing Centre" on a new site we've recently located near to Cambridge. The site is only temporary until we find a more suitable location where we can do some proper landscaping and make it a permanent fixture. I've had loads of problems finding a site for the track though, but as a temporary place where we can set up and get established this one is great.

For the moment the club will provide a 1/8 to large scale off-road grass track, designed to BRCA standards. We are also making a "bashing arena", which will be of the same area as the track (75m by 25m) but have no fixed layout. It will have lots of different jumps and be aimed at drivers of all standards to practice and have abit more fun out of the confines of a set course. There is also ample space for setting out temorary courses for smaller scale vehicles on the site.

I'm just about to buy 30 vehicles of various types to use on site and for an outeach project that we are starting up, with the aim of introducing new people to the sport and making it accessible to people who don't own their own equipment. The outreach side will work with the likes of local schools, youth groups and community centres, where we will set up temporary tracks, teach people how to look after and work on cars as well...

All very exciting and hopefully it'll lead to being able to set up a proper and permanent facility in the near future.

If anyone is interested in using the new track or becoming a member of the club, for more details please contact us at:- [email protected]

Cheers,

Lawrence.:)

Last edited:
Very nice Lawrence! I know there are a couple blokes from near that area here on the site. I am a bit far away just to pop over but sounds like a great idea you have mate.

Sounds like a great idea! too bad I'm about 2 hours away :( But good luck with it anyway.

Cheers for the positive response guys!

Things looking like we might have found a more permanent site already, but not going to get too excited as we've been knocked back from a few potential sites in the past. Fingers crossed though!

Take care,

Lawrence.

just down the road

hi very interesting post i am just down the road in burwell so will be there for sure where abouts are you ??? need any help with anything ??

Back