New big bore shocks?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tfbaum

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Got some new big bore shocks on my 2wd slash and after only a couple runs two of the shocks are leaking badly. Any idea what’s causing that?

Was it leaking from the top or bottom of the shock? If it was from the top I am guessing it was either the shock cap or the bladder (rubber piece). If it was the bottom then I am guessing its a seal or something? Don't know much about shocks. I have the big bore shocks on my rustler and slash. They are good and feel way better from the stock plastic ones.
It might even be the shock shafts if they are scraped up badly.

Last edited:
One looks like it's leaking from the top; the other from the bottom. I think I'll just get a rebuild kit and change over the seals and bladders. Thanks.

One looks like it's leaking from the top; the other from the bottom. I think I'll just get a rebuild kit and change over the seals and bladders. Thanks.
Did you get Traxxas gtr shocks or eBay/Amazon shocks?

I got Traxxas Big Bore shocks.

I got Traxxas Big Bore shocks.
Traxxas "big bore" shocks are almost identical to ultra shocks just with aluminum body and tin shafts. Not bad but in my opinion not a big upgrade from ultra. Gtr shocks on the other hand are different story, true big bore, super smooth and durrable.

You can try to rebuild them, I believe rebuild kit is identical to ultra, if I remember kit for 2 is 3$