new bearing on front of picco .26 leaking bad

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

down4thakrown

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
the front seal on my bearing on my older picco.26 was totally gone.so i replaced it with a 697-ZZ Shielded Bearing 7x17x5 and now its leaking just as bad. did i use the wrong bearing? and when i droveit it would only run for a second or 2 and just die like the exhaust was pinched off or somthing stopped the motor suddenly. any ideas on what would cause this? the 1 way bearing carrier in the ez start was siezedtoo in the ez start housing to were it would barely let the motor start. would that cause the motor to die so suddenly?

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

i forgot to mention that i put a new mgt 4.3 pipe and a proline runtime tank on it since i ran it last. could it be just runing to rich and the crank fillin up with fuel causeing it to die and leak so much fuel??

Definetly the wrong bearing. That's a metal shielded bearing, you need a rubber sealed bearing.

You should clean the one way bearing and make sure it's functioning properly.

Thanks 2revo1maxx, good info for future use, I just recently picked up a picco.

Go to nitrohouse. That's where I get my picco parts from.
The boca would also be a good choice, but they're not necessary.....The stock bearing should last quite a while.

gota link? or is it nitrohouse.com

i tried nitro house and only found the back bearing. i couldnt find the front bearing

Back