New basher Redcat TR-MT10e

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manwich82

RC Newbie
Reaction score
This weekend I picked up a team redcat tr mt10e. I was really impressed with the durability of my old redcat blackout. I decided to go with the team redcat brand for my next basher. I was immediately blown away with how beefy this truck is. It will ride wheelies all day on 2s, and standing back flips of 3s. Thoroughly thrashed this truck off my 20" and 4' ramps. Took all the abuse I could throw at it and kept begging for more. I can't recommend this truck enough.
IMAG0452.jpg
IMAG0449.jpg
IMAG0451.jpg
IMAG0447.jpg

It's a great truck! Plus it looks cool and really like the front lights. Redcat has come a long way in recent years. I am big fan of both ARRMA and Redcat.

Best regards,
Brian

Had my first breakage today. Nothing major, but annoying none the less. I broke one of the plastic arms on the wheelie bar. This breakage was completely my fault, I didn't correct mid air and fell 10' out of the air square on the wheelie bar. The truck landed hard enough to spear the wheelie bar it's full length into the dirt. I should have grabbed a pic, but the urge to pull it outta the dirt and check it out took over. Imagine seeing your new truck look like a lawn dart. ..

The Team Magic E5(Team Magic is the OEM for Team Redcat, this is the same truck as the TR-MT10E with a different body) is Vas from Aussie rc playgrounds new favorite 1/10 4wd monster truck

Manwich82: that is a mean lookin' muthah! I was looking at that a few weeks ago on Tower Hobbies, but just couldn't pull the trigger. I just didn't know anything about Redcat products, other than many of their lower end units are less than stellar (said not from experience per se, but from online research). If I ever move my EMaxx out of the stable, I may have to replace it with that! This car does use a single battery, right? Needing to run dual batteries is one of the (very few things) I don't like about my EMaxx.

Almost forgot: how is the size of this truck? What would you compare it to for similar sizing?

Manwich82: that is a mean lookin' muthah! I was looking at that a few weeks ago on Tower Hobbies, but just couldn't pull the trigger. I just didn't know anything about Redcat products, other than many of their lower end units are less than stellar (said not from experience per se, but from online research). If I ever move my EMaxx out of the stable, I may have to replace it with that! This car does use a single battery, right? Needing to run dual batteries is one of the (very few things) I don't like about my EMaxx.

Almost forgot: how is the size of this truck? What would you compare it to for similar sizing?

Watch this video. It should answer a lot of your questions as he compares it to the Traxxas Stampede 4x4 and the Vaterra Halix. Team Magic is the OEM for Team Redcat. Most of the lower end Redcat stuff is made by a company called HSP, they are also the OEM for Exceed and Maverick Racing.

Gary from Killer Off road Hobbies has a review of the Team Redcat TR-MT10E.

Watch this video. It should answer a lot of your questions as he compares it to the Traxxas Stampede 4x4 and the Vaterra Halix. Team Magic is the OEM for Team Redcat. Most of the lower end Redcat stuff is made by a company called HSP, they are also the OEM for Exceed and Maverick Racing.
The stampede is a bit bigger than the granite, if you have one of those.

Kind of surprised they have a 4400kv motor in that thing. Must have it geared low to leverage the RPM's vs the torque.

Back