New arrma typhon glitching and won’t work

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wkraus

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello!
I joined as I have an issue. Bought this 6s typhon a few weeks ago and went to use it for my 3rd time tonight and it went about 10 feet in my basement and quit. A red light was flashing so I restart it all and here is what it does. https://youtube.com/shorts/_lEQFeSelcY
Doesn’t matter if on 3s or 6s. New 100c batteries fully charged. Pulled them out and put them in my Mojave and went and drove that instead. My son just had a servo go out on his 3s typhon and they sent an upgraded one that came today and he’s back up and running. This is something else as it won’t move and just continues to sit and twitch the steering one direction and not move. Thanks for any help if you’ve experienced this. I assume speed control or receiver. Thank you!

Hi,
Had nearly the same problem with the 6s. Recalibrate the esc;

Turn on transmitter.
Hold Set button on ESC and turn on, release Set when it starts chirping/red light flashing.
Make sure transmitter is in neutral. Press Set once. One beep/green flash.
Depress throttle on transmitter fully, hold. Then press Set button. Two beeps/2 green flashes.
Reverse/brake on transmitter fully, hold. Press Set button. 3 beeps/3 green flashes.
Turn off ESC. You are ready.

If the problem still persist contact Horizon (Todd) with the video.

?agree I had issues with the SLT3 as sometimes I'd turn rig on and it would glitch and take off also steering would be twitchy. I would turn transmitter off and back on and would be ok. Think it's honestly the SLT3 that's why I went to the DumboRC radio and haven't had an issue since.

Did you get it fixed, what was the problem
Hi,

Turn on transmitter.
Hold Set button on ESC and turn on, release Set when it starts chirping/red light flashing.
Depress throttle on transmitter fully, hold. Then press Set button. Two beeps/2 green flashes.
Reverse/brake on transmitter fully, hold. Press Set button. 3 beeps/3 green flashes.

I tried this and mojave is still doing the same thing, I drove it for 15 mins then doing this first run , second switch on.
What do I do.?

Last edited:
Did you get it fixed, what was the problem

I tried this and mojave is still doing the same thing, I drove it for 15 mins then doing this first run , second switch on.
What do I do.?
It was the receiver. Put a new one in and haven’t had an issues since. The servos were also bad on every new arrma we bought last fall. Some failed within a couple runs and others within 10 runs or so. The video above was the receiver though. Good luck!

The RX going bad on the Arrma kits seems to be a semi common occurrence.

Yeah potentially, will update once I know if its the same problem.
How fun are these things though.?

Hi,

Turn on transmitter.

Hi Is there a video showing the steps described? or can you pls post one.
Thank you !!!!!

I believe he is talking about the throttle setup and calibration.
6s is Here page 11. 3s is here page 15

Back