new and dont know whats wrong

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggb228

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hello every one i am new to the nitro rc world i just got a exceed rc other day a infinity truck with a cxp18 motor everything is still set to factory settings have run about 5 tanks of fuel through it no problems but other day when i was running it all of a sudden while at high speed it bogged down and died checked plug was fine now it cranks fine idles fine and runs fine but when i open it up to high speed it opens up and then boggs and dies
any please!!!!!!!!:whhooo:

To me it kinds sounds like your hsn is a little to rich causeing it to dump a lot of fuel in your carb at WOT. Turn it to the right about 1/8 of a turn and see if that helps

ya it sounds like your engine is drowning in the amount of fuel that is being dumped into it. play around with the tuning like Crunkvilletx said and lean (decrease) the high speed needle (HSN) until it performs better at WOT (wide open throttle). just make sure that you dont lean it too much. do it in little increments

thanks gonna try that today

well i tried going a little both ways it seemed if i turned to the left more it run better stayed running at wot but was real sluggish had no power at take off something still isnt doing good:angry: more help please:\ dont have a clue and dont want to mess any thing up:whhooo: man its great there is a forum for everything thank goodness:)

If it bogs down after accelerating the HSN is too lean. Richen it up until the problem goes away then adjust the LSN for a good launch. Work slowly and you'll get it. Then you'll need to lower your idle speed with the idle screw and throttle trim. Never try to tune an engine after it overheats, Shut it off and let it cool for a few minutes then retry.
Put a new plug in it, if you ran it to the point it was that lean the plug is no longer good and will make tuning impossible.

turn your needles back to factory setting a try running it again. If it bogging at wot lean your hsn if it's bogging at low speeds the lean your lsn. Your factory setting should be really rich so you shouldn't have to richen any forther.