New .21 bb start and run and die HELP!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racinjason15

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
OK so now it passes the "pinch test" but won't idle what should i do? take glow igniter off and it will not run! what a pile of junk!! tried multiple different plugs no help i think i am going to send this thing back to redcat

Last edited:
do you mean that when you pull the glow ignitor off and it dies? If so, maybe the glow plug is the wrong temp.

sort of it will sometimes just idle too! but mainly will die after glowstarter removed....... and other time it will move but then if you give it just a small amount of gas it dies !

Four and a half seems like a lot try 3 1/2 hsn 1 1/2 lsn if that don't help try a new plug.:D

i have now tried to run it with a hotter plug and it still won't run. Does anyone know the base needle settings both high and low???????.........please help

If you don't have the book on it check there website or contact them by phone.That should help you out.:D

REDCAT= NO HELP!! wow i wish i would have bought a different car at this point!! i have the low needle passing the "pinch test" but will still imidiately die after glow ignighter is pulled! could that be my HSN? THIS CAR IS BS!:angry:

Try a new plug thats usally happens when the plug is bad.

I am not a pro on tuning or anything of the sort but one suggestion I could give is take it to a local hobby shop and let them tune it. Usually doesn't cost you that much and its worth the $ cause then you can ask questions.

OR

Are you trying to break this motor in still or just performance tune? A .21 motor generally calls for a medium to hot glowplug, give an LC3 HOT or O'Donnell ODO99 or ODO100 a try. Your LSN stock setting is generally flush with the ball link body. Your HSN on the other hand could be anywhere from 2 - 4 turns out give or take some. So my suggestion would be start at about 3 turns out from all the way in. If you can't get the truck started and idling try heating the head up with a heat gun and get it to a nice warm temp and then start it up.

It sounds like your HSN is way to rich...Also have you sealed this motor yet or not? I know Redcat is not the best RC brand out there.

Back