New 2.5R in 5310 revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zdragon71

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I got the new engine broke in today and now I'm fooling with the fine tuning on the needles. Got it just about perfect i think for the 80 degree humid weather here in crawford county Ga. Tuned the low speed just out from flush and the high speed tuned just lean enough to kick into 2nd gear. See just the right amount of blue smoke off the pipe. :D

Well i guess i could make one with my iphone but it will have to be tomorrow. My ez start motor just burnt up so i will put my other one on it this eve and let everything charge back up. I need to just get me a glow plug igniter and use my pull start but i done spent all my money this month on new engine a fuel tank for tmaxx and several wheel bearings cor the revo.

---------- Post added at 4:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:29 PM ----------

Need a temp gun too!

Thats what came in it. Its an 04 model 5310 with the 2.5R. Bought it from a friend for $100 and spent $104.99 to the door on new engine. Plus it came with another set of wheels and tires and a small box full of extra parts. Before you say it i know i could have got a better motor for just $5 more. And now i know what to buy for my tmaxx a dynamite .19T for $109.99 to the door.

If its that old its not a 5310, mines a 5309 and I got it at the end of last year... Unless iv missed something?

5310 is the model of the owners manual that it came with new. Same with my tmaxx 4910 came with a 2.5R as well.

Did the car come with a 2.5r or did the previous owner downgrade? Cuz the 5309 comes with the trx3.3 and I haven't been following the new models but the new 5310 should come with the tqi and the 3.3

It came with 2.5R all the paperwork states that its a 5310revo with the 2.5R and the manual pics and body colors match the stock body that came on this truck. I can't load anymore pics or vids on here cause I've reached my limit or something

I've also noticed that he same goes with the tmaxx 4910 comes with a 2.5r but the 4907 and 4908 come with the 3.3. I dont get it either. But this 5310 honestly was bought by my friend brand new in 2004 with a 2.5r outta the box. He ran it fir over 1 1/2 years with the stock motor and i still have it as well and plan on rebuilding it too.

There are 2 versions of the 5309 Revo. The original came out several years ago with a 3.3 after the 5310. Then Traxxas came out with a 5308 Revo and then a 5309 (again) that all had subtle differences.

Revo model #5310 was the original short chassis Revo; it came stock with the 2.5R engine.

As for the Tmaxx, the # 4910 is the 2.5 model (the early pro .15 narrow maxx was also a 4910)
The TMaxx model #4902 was the only Tmaxx version to come stock with the 2.5R engine.

Ahh so my 4910 was upgraded from a basic 2.5 to the 3.3 it had when i got it then. And my revo is a Short chassis. Now then what besides length is the difference in the newer revo? Is there any difference in handling and stability or about the same?

Ahh, the traxxas went backwards and forwards with there model numbers. Kinda stupid but I see how that 5310 and 2.5r works now

I did have my 3.3 in that revo till it broke the rod. So now i have two engines that need rods and piston/sleeve kits. And my poor tmaxx has a new torque control slipper and new fuel tank and replaced a bad wheel bearing in rear and sits with no engine in it till i rebuild one of em.

---------- Post added at 6:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:51 PM ----------

Anyone wanna buy it?

If you were not so far away I would lol, shipping would kill me hehehe

Barry

Yeah i hear ya! Quebec eh. I've been to Canada once when i drove a truck. Spent 4 days up in Mont tremblanc at the ski resort. I had to pick up a trailer full of race cars from a track up in that area to bring back to the states. Its friggin beautiful up there. I also dilivered some of AC/DCs staging equipment to new Brunswick. That was pretty damn cool!!!

Back