Need some tips on running temps.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OfnaHyper

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey guys.
i'm trying to tune my savage at the min. i'm running the mach 28 6port engine. it starts up fine now but is running very hot. just a couple of blasts and it was well upto 280-300. I stopped it and let it cool down before tryng again. I have the hsn right out - flush with the collar and theres plently of smoke.

Could anyone tell me how the outside temp is going to affect the engine? It is very cold here in the UK. We are at around 0 C (32F). Can this cold temp affect it this much?

I just wanted a blast out in the snow but don't want to damage it.

Any help or feedback as always much appreciated.

Make sure the lsn isn't set too lean. That hot in those temps indicates either a way lean setting, or an air leak. You should have to run it richer than usual with a layer of foil tape around the lower cooling fins to get the temp up.

ofna where in hull are you ??? I'm in hessle just off clive sullivan way..
i need to drive hard and tune leaner to get temps up so id think air leak!
:D

ofna where in hull are you ??? I'm in hessle just off clive sullivan way..
i need to drive hard and tune leaner to get temps up so id think air leak!
:D

hi winsta. i'm in hornsea. just easier to put hull as most have heard ov it. good to see more RCers in our area. Where abouts do you go? I'm looking for a good track to use.

I've never been on a track myself its either car park bashing or sometimes down to the skate park!! hope you get your car sorted!

Back