Need some Screw finding help...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redhatman

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys, I recently lost one of my hyper 7 engine mount screws and it appears that they dont sell them individually. I need the 4x8mm screw that has the big, flat head on it in this picture:

ofnc9079.jpg

I went to my lhs, and nothing so I just bought some cap heads and washers to see if i could make something up. It still sticks out from the underchassis by about 1-2mm.

Any ideas or where I could get the screw?

WW91ciBhIGZ1Y2tlbiByZXRhcmQuLldoeSBkb24ndCB5b3UganVzdCBnbyBhd2F5Li4=

Last edited:
ZANDOR said:

GOOD ONE! YOUR HILLARIOUS!!!!! :hehe: HAHAHHAHA!!!! I can't GET ENOUGH OF YOU!!! HAHAHHAA!!!
GOOD ONE!! HAHHAHAHAHAHA VERY FUNNY!!!!!!

ARENT YOU COOL:hehe:

redhatman said:
GOOD ONE! YOUR HILLARIOUS!!!!! :hehe: HAHAHHAHA!!!! I can't GET ENOUGH OF YOU!!! HAHAHHAA!!!
GOOD ONE!! HAHHAHAHAHAHA VERY FUNNY!!!!!!

ARENT YOU COOL:hehe:

WWVzIEkgYW0uLkJ1dCB5b3VyIHN0aWxsIGEgZG91Y2hlIGJhZy4u

Last edited:
ZANDOR said:
WWVzIEkgYW0uLkJ1dCB5b3VyIHN0aWxsIGEgZG91Y2hlIGJhZy4u

o yea, :ponder2: I forgot.

Well, since the initial response provided no help what so ever ...

First question, is this for a 1/10 or 1/8? Assuming from the properties of your pic (had to right click since all I got was a red "X"), it's for an ofna 1/8 buggy. You can buy packages of 15 pcs or an entire screw kit from www.acehardwarehobbies.com

You can also use these ...
Click here
This is the type of engine mount screws that I see being used. It gives less chance of the screw backing out due to vibration and/or seizing to the chassis.

Last edited:
Back