Need some quick, easy help.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phantom11

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys, I got a T-maxx from my buddy and he just replaced the piston and sleeve, so it's pretty much a new engine. Anyway, I am on my 3rd tank of fuel and when I try to accelerate I have to pull the trigger to full throttle before it even moves, it revs to a high RPM before that though. Also, when I start the truck the idle is ok, but when i drive it around for abit and stop it, the idle is really high. I'm not sure what the problem is.. also there is a lot of smoke when i get it moving, but it seems like its got no power cause i gotta pull it to full throttle.. anyway that's all

If you're getting a lot of smoke, it's because it's set very rich. Just lean the High Speed Needle (HSN) about 1/8 in, and it should improve. Just remember, it has a new piston and sleeve, and needs to be broken in, just like a new engine.

Know anything about the idle prob?

If it revs to a high RPM before it starts rolling, you probably need to tighten the slipper clutch.
As far as high idle, you need to richen the LSN and then adjust the idle screw. If that doesn't do it, start checking for an air leak in the system.

Cool, will try. Thanks!

yup! definitely running rich if you gave it throttle but no quick response. adjust only the high speed needle for that issue. if it idles too high, check the carb for a 1mm gap first than fine tune the idle with the low speed needle. hope that helps!