need some direction with my hpi rs4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is already quite modified, I would see if Extreme RC Mods can do a motor/exhaust for you, maybe other little things likt turn buckles, wheels/tires and it would look good because its far from stock

i know its not stock.
ya i want the steering upgrade and a new clutch bell. i dont wanna send stuff off to get modded i justr wanna grab it off ebay or horizon and drive it :)

Last edited:
i guess we dont have many guys running the rs4 on here

Onroad is kinda light on followers around here. I run electric onroad but 99% strictly racing. I don't know anything about the RS4

i guess we dont have many guys running the rs4 on here

I was kinda in the same boat you are.. In fact I think I passed on getting that RS4 from him, nothing about him or the car just my end..

Anyhow I have since picked up a few RS4 3's.. One brand new Cuda RTR from the local hobby shop that was my first after that I just got the BUG BIG TIME..

I have since snagged 2 more up..
One all billet all aluminum which has now become a shelf queen "Purple Murple"

7b0af099.jpg

This car has every Aluminum upgrade available, Hpi Hump Pack, Hitec Servos stock Hpi 18 Engine & THS Pipe

And the Cuda

d83a7d17.jpg

CUda was all stock for about a week, now has a lot of upgrades. Kept the arms stock, CF Upper Plate, CF Front/Rear Shock Towers, Hpi Threaded Shocks, THS Pipe, Hpi 18, Hpi Hump Pack, Hitec Servos..

I'd upgrade the pipe, maybe some more carbon, keep it light or stock stay away from most of the Aluminum parts nothing but added weight and bling..

Hpi makes some really good street tires. Depending on what kind of surface you plan on running on, I would either go with street radials or belted radios or slicks.. Slicks arent worth crap on a dirty or rocky street I know!

Good luck

I have an original RS4 3 RTR, but no longer close to stock. I have an OS 15 cvx hyper on it, carbon fiber upper deck, 5 cell flat pack, sway bar kit, added the two speed tranny, mip racing clutch, cvds, adjustable turnbuckles, ths one piece exhaust, and a few other bits and pieces. I love mine, but just use it for wide open parking lot running, it's a blast. My son wants to get one so we can run together.

i looking at engines now and i dont know what 3.0 to get i see two different crankshaft options.

Back