Need reccomendations for a good 2s/3s battery within a reasonable budget

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StashyWashy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just found out my specs can take a 2s/3s LiPo battery. I need recomendations for a good LiPo battery that wont blow up or set on fire straight away 🤣 and i want a good but reasonably priced LiPo. If you know any good ones from personal experience or something, please let me know. Also I'm in Europe so id need something so that the shipping doesn't cost a ton.

I've found my way to smc recently and am happy. Previous battery companies include traxxas, venom, and lectron pro. I really can't notice a difference in them performance wise.

There is a member here who is supposed to be testing and checking lipos soon.

https://www.smc-racing.com

A lot of people use Zee brand batteries. I use Gens-Ace and Venom mostly, but basically, I just buy whatever I find the best deal on. I have cheap chinese ones that I have had over a year that are still doing fine, and I have had name brand batteries that haven't been worth đź’©

I've found my way to smc recently and am happy. Previous battery companies include traxxas, venom, and lectron pro. I really can't notice a difference in them performance wise.

There is a member here who is supposed to be testing and checking lipos soon.

https://www.smc-racing.com
thanks for the link but I'm not looking for dragster batteries i think my max voltage it can take is 11.4 volts
A lot of people use Zee brand batteries. I use Gens-Ace and Venom mostly, but basically, I just buy whatever I find the best deal on. I have cheap chinese ones that I have had over a year that are still doing fine, and I have had name brand batteries that haven't been worth đź’©
yeah my dad was also saying that we could even buy poopy chinese ones but so that they work well 🤷‍♂️

SMC is my go to lipo.Trinity also was good to me but at 2-3x the cost of a smc why..
A123 systems is my li-iron or life battery at 3.6 volts ma a cell
I've used many brands and never had a Good life. sure some are Great on 1st few uses but then fail...

I would personally pick this:
https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_171&product_id=641

But I have tried 2 cheap Hoovo LiPos from Amazon and they seem to be doing pretty good. I over-discharged one by accident down to 2.5V/cell (left the car on for half a day), and still doesn't seem to have any issues that I know of (yes, I'm still using it, but I am paying more attention to it for signs of puffing, etc). Zeee and Hoovo batteries seem to be the most popular among the cheap batteries.

thanks for the link but I'm not looking for dragster batteries i think my max voltage it can take is 11.4 volts

yeah my dad was also saying that we could even buy poopy chinese ones but so that they work well 🤷‍♂️
They make dragster batteries, as well as normal 2 and 3s. I have the graphene 5200 hard case in my crawler and stampede brushless.

Back