Need help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel C

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
I have a buggy that come with a 540 and I found a 550 12t and I was wonting to know if that will fit and if it will make the car faster. Right now it will too out at 32 they say. I would like it to take off fast and plenty of power but I'm not that smart about all this so I am asking anyone who can give me any info I can get about the matter. Thanks

I'd look for a brushless setup as mentioned above. A 540 motor is the same size as a 36mm can. So I'd look for an ESC that's about 100A and a 3660 motor that's about 3000kv +/-. The brushless setup should get you to about 50mph +/- depending on gearing ?

Trial and error. I think we've all been there. Back in the day, I just kept adding cells to my NiCd packs in order to push a Technigold motor to it's limits.

I'm assuming you are running a brushed system on a 1/10 scale RC now, but:
What buggy do you have?
What motor is in it now?
What is your ESC rated for?
What battery are you using?

Without knowing anything else about your situation, grab a Hobbywing Max10/3652 4000kv ESC/brushless motor combo, 2S LiPo battery, and don't look back!

I have bought a 550 8.5t to replace the old motor but I'm looking into a brushless motor. One of the replys mentions that I can get it up to 50mph mabey doing so and I really like that idea. Thanks for the help everyone.

Back