Need help with new car please!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solti

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello! I am a newb and this is my first post.

I recently bought the ECX 1/10 AMP DB 2WD Desert Buggy Brushed RTR, Black/Yellow ECX03029T1 for my son. It came with a Dynamite 1800 7.2v Nimh battery. The battery is charged with a Dynamite Prophet Sport Mini 50W Multichemistry Charger, DYNC2030.
I hook it up and the remote control shows a red light which means “low battery”. I have tried this with 3 different batteries. The car will just go a modest speed…by no means fast. It will only drive on concrete. Is the battery it came with just underpowered? I see videos of this car going nuts jumping and peeling out! I’m not sure what is wrong.

Any help is much appreciated!

NiMH is generally slow, and it loses power as you use it. If possible, try another battery to see if that’s the issue.

Welcome in, I would also check the throttle trim on your transmitter.

NiMH is generally slow, and it loses power as you use it. If possible, try another battery to see if that’s the issue.
Thank you for the reply. I have tried 3 other battieries. I am not sure what kind of other ones I could buy. Any thoughts?

Thank you!

That 1800mah is way underpowered. Id get a 2 cell lipo that fits the battery space your charger is also underpowered but will do the job, something in the 4000mah 50+c range .

That 1800mah is way underpowered. Id get a 2 cell lipo that fits the battery space your charger is also underpowered but will do the job, something in the 4000mah 50+c range .
Thank you! So would this do the trick? It looks like the same size as my current battery.

7.4V 4000mAh 2S 50C Smart LiPo Battery, IC3​

Yes, but make sure it will fit in your battery tray. Do not get a smart battery though.

I can't check as the battery has no link. check size as in dimensions and ic3?

As long as it has the balance plug, it’s fine, some smart batteries don’t and that’s why I advise against them. The LiPo you found has a balance plug, as long as the dimensions match or are smaller than the battery tray, it will work.

I would guess there is a problem when you change the batteries. If the charger is shutting off quickly then you may need to restart the charger until it stays on for a while.

Back