Need help with HPI R40 tranny

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alx2008

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Please Read

Hi Everyone I have an HPI R40. When i start the car with the starter box, and i press the gas, all it does is just sit there. But when i turn the car upside down, i actually really goes. I have an OS .12 TR. I figured that it has something to do with the gears. With my friends car, when he pushes his car backwards, the spur gears stop when the car stops. But when i do it, it just keeps on spinning. So that is why i think it is with the gears. Can someone really help me!!!!

Thanks

I'm asuming its a one way bearing in the tranny some where but only on road I've had is an rs4 so I'm not totally positive.

Re: Please Read

Originally posted by alx2008
With my friends car, when he pushes his car backwards, the spur gears stop when the car stops. But when i do it, it just keeps on spinning.

Your friends car has a blown clutch bell bearing - most likely the thrust bearing. Yours is opperating correctly.

Although i have no idea why it only runs upside down. Got me stumped on that one.

so you dont know anything about the upside down part