Need help with a gear

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torrey74

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I can't seem to find a metal spur gear for redcat ground pounder. Just like everything I own I had to make it brushless. But it eats stock gear instantly. So has anyone found a compatible spur gear ? Thanks
I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone so drop a line anytime....

I am not familiar with your specific model but stock plastic spur gears for the most part are fairly durable. It's most likely the gear mesh. The gear mesh may have been set too close or too far apart from the factory, so give it another try with a correctly set gear mesh.

As for a metal one, if there are not a lot of options, it could be that not a lot of people needed a metal spur in the first place.

I am not familiar with your specific model but stock plastic spur gears for the most part are fairly durable. It's most likely the gear mesh. The gear mesh may have been set too close or too far apart from the factory, so give it another try with a correctly set gear mesh.

As for a metal one, if there are not a lot of options, it could be that not a lot of people needed a metal spur in the first place.
The stock spur gear was junk.I've been in rc for 30 years so I'm sure the mesh was correct I checked it. As soon as I hit the power it started stripping. I truly believe the plastic is just crap. But thanks for the input

The gear is part of the slipper clutch assembly. That would be a tough one.
media_c85efa27-60fe-4ffc-a2b6-07df078d2b98_1024x.jpg

https://teamcpe.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=187&product_id=2519
Initially designed to handle big-block Nitro power, this hardened steel spur uses an aggressive Mod1 pitch and is a 43T gear. This is designed to fit on the Ground Pounder transmission output shaft and allows the use of the stock slipper clutch system. This gear does NOT require the reuse of the metal shim that is used with the stock spur gear or upgraded composite gear. Just slide it on and hold on!

Pinion gear not included. You will need to purchase a suitable Mod1 pinion gear to run with this spur gear. Examples of stock and aftermarket gearing provided below. In general, a higher tooth pinion gear will provide more speed while a lower tooth pinion will provide more torque.

Seems like WVN found what you were looking for :)

My left eye is twitching uncontrollably now. :inpain:

Back