Need help updating Spektrum Avian 30a brushless smart esc

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kj4ebhank

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Trying to update a avian 30a smart esc with the programming box. After connecting to esc with smartlink app, I get "update software" message, not on box, on the app. I click on firmware update and it shows ver 4.0.02 but will not show available updates. My programming box is a v2 box up to date with ver 1.0.10. Any ideas?

Trying to update a avian 30a smart esc with the programming box. After connecting to esc with smartlink app, I get "update software" message, not on box, on the app. I click on firmware update and it shows ver 4.0.02 but will not show available updates. My programming box is a v2 box up to date with ver 1.0.10. Any ideas?
Thats probably a question you would need to ask Spektrum. Have you looked on their website to see what the latest firmware update is for that ESC? Also, have you looked to see if there are any firmware updates for the programming box itself?

Thats probably a question you would need to ask Spektrum. Have you looked on their website to see what the latest firmware update is for that ESC? Also, have you looked to see if there are any firmware updates for the programming box itself?
I have updated the firmware box using the smarlink app. The version for the esc, according to spektrum, is 4.0.22, but it doesn't show available in the app.

I have updated the firmware box using the smarlink app. The version for the esc, according to spektrum, is 4.0.22, but it doesn't show available in the app.
Does it show what version of the firmware is on the ESC currently? Maybe its already got 4.0.22 and thats why it wont update?

Having just said that, I feel like I had a similar experience a year or two back with a Spektrum ground ESC. I can't remember the details at this point but I swear I had something similar happen. I never did get it resolved. I ended up just continuing to run whatever firmware it already had.

Does it show what version of the firmware is on the ESC currently? Maybe its already got 4.0.22 and thats why it wont update?

Having just said that, I feel like I had a similar experience a year or two back with a Spektrum ground ESC. I can't remember the details at this point but I swear I had something similar happen. I never did get it resolved. I ended up just continuing to run whatever firmware it already had.
It shows 4.0.02, but I spoke with spektrum and the esc that I have is programmed for the Habu. I cause it butvvno firmware update for it.
It shows 4.0.02, but I spoke with spektrum and the esc that I have is programmed for the Habu. I cause it butvvno firmware update for it.
I can use it, but no firmware update.

Back