need help , Savage 25 or monster pirate 1/8

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazyracer22b

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok first off i want serious opinions , not just, i like this one cause i have it and so on.
Ok , which truck is bigger over all, which is faster down low and up top , which would be better for all around bashing/durability. They are about the same in price and i need a new truck , the more info you guys can give , the better.
Thanx Alot

SAvage Savaage Savage. I dont even own the truck and i know it is proubly the best mt you can get.

hey crazyracer i was in the same boat at christmas they were the same truck's i was looking at.i was in the model shop for hours trying to make my mind up out of the two,and guess what,no none of them i came home with a gs storm unlimited truck and my mate had a savage25 both are brill trucks it all boils down to witch one u prefer yourself but me and my mate are not dissappointed with any of our truck's.hope this help's u:banana:

Read around. You will find that the savage gets rave reviews everywhere. Aside from a dogbone issue and weak shock springs, it seems to be the truck to own.

If your going to be buying it at a hobby shop and you intend on buying parts at said hobby shop, see what they have in stock. My shops stock maxx and savage parts to the sky.

I bought the maxx and probably should have gotten the savage, but that's another story.

From the movies I've downloaded and the hundred of threads I've read, the savage SS kit is the way to go. It jumps well, drives well, has plenty of power and speed, lots of clearance and aftermarket galore.

Plus, going with a kit makes you familiar with the truck faster. I bought the maxx RTR and whish I hadn't later. It would have been nice to know how some of the stuff works for hop-up potential later on.

Live and learn...

Hmmm yet another tough decision. I haven't read enough about the monster pirate to know too much about it. You have been given some wise information here. See what your LHS stocks parts for. If you don't have a local hobby shop and are limited to online shopping than your decision gets tougher. I would venture to say that the savage is tougher out of the box than the monster pirate. It is tougher out of the box than most trucks out ther. Good luck with your decision. I am a little biased mind you.

I would definitely go with the savage, I was faced with the same choice, but I decided on savage-and I loved it ever since. It has much more ground clearance, much more aftermarket support, much better handling, only downside of that is the Rims are poopy. The monster pirate has very little aftermarket support, ofna size rims are far and few between. The stock engine is a biiiotch to tune, and finally-My savage beats up on Pirates and Tmaxxes everyday!

Back