need help on old tmaxx .15

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snr137

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I bought a used tmaxx .15 with an upgraded 3.3 in it for $45. It runs great, but I want to widen it to the 3.3 stance. I've seen quite a bit of threads on this, but everyone says "oh you need this" "no you don't need that". I'm confused. can anyone who has a definite answer or has done it please tell me what parts i need?

Thanks in advance

If you just want to upgrade the stance then all you need is 3.3 a-arms axles and hub carriers. You can use stock 3.3 ones or spend the money for the best which is RPM a-arms. I have upgraded and modified my entire 4910 version to the extended chassis and RPM front and rear arms along with EVERYTHING else on the truck. Its pretty much a hybrid now. View attachment 11924View attachment 11925
A hybrid in desperate need of a cleaning might i add.

Last edited:
If you just want to upgrade the stance then all you need is 3.3 a-arms axles and hub carriers. You can use stock 3.3 ones or spend the money for the best which is RPM a-arms. I have upgraded and modified my entire 4910 version to the extended chassis and RPM front and rear arms along with EVERYTHING else on the truck. Its pretty much a hybrid now.

He wants to widen it, not lengthen it, the 4910 is already the wider version than the original .15.

To widen it you will need the longer a-arms and turnbuckles. If it has the original .15 slider axles you will want to replace them as well with some of the 3.3 ones or even better yet a set of cvds.

I know Nitro. Was just letting him know what i done to mine. Also the 4910 2.5 version did have smaller a arms and axles and hubs as well. The 3.3 version will work on the .15 chassis.

The widen a pro.15 narrow Maxx to 3.3 spec you need:

Longer control arms.
3.3 spec axle carriers.
3.3 spec toe links (front and rear).
3.3 spec wheel shafts (2.5 shafts or earlier will not fit the 3.3 spec axle carrier).

To widen it to 2.5 spec you would just need the longer a arms and toe links. it will not be as wide as 3.3 spec but it will be substancially wider than pro.15 width.

Back