Need help breaking in my kyosho inferno sports

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inferno

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi, can anybody help, I've been trying to break in my inferno and I'm struggling it just started to tick over nicely today and everytime i took out the glow stick it stalled. After recharging my glow stick and trying again later on my car wasn't stalling but this time reving abit. I adjusted the idle mixture and the idle screw a little and it was still doing it then my glow stick went flat again. I'm going to try again tomorrow as I'm dying to get it out and running iv barely used a full tank yet, can anyone give me any advice on what to do tomorrow? Many thanks

i'm new too this hobby. so this is just my opinion. the carb should have been pre adjusted for break in from factory. if you re adjusted maybe you should read your manual and reset the screws to factory settings? second did you burn out your glow plug? take it out and check and make sure it has a bright orange glow. also make sure the servo is in neutral. i always give mine a little bit of throttle trim and also make sure you are not flooded... ps if anyone wants to correct me feel free as i am new and send me a pm. i dont want to offer anyone bad advice but these are things i check with mine.

Progess

Thanks for your reply and advice. I started it up today after many attemps and adjusted the throttle trim and it ticked over nicely for over 5 min before stalling. I did this a few times and then my glow starter went dead, so its on charge now, reay for later. Is it normal for a glow starter to go dead after say 15-20 start attemps?

They are good for about 10-15 minutes of total use per charge. If it is a new glow charger, it will take a few cycles to reach full potential.
Preheat the engine before you start it. Helps tons, a hair dryer will do.

Up and running!

Thanks to everyone who took the time out to give me some great advice on breaking in my kyosho inferno MP 7.5 . I gently ran the second tank today and the car ran beautiful and didnt even come close to stalling and the engine never got too hot. Just a couple of questions. 1. When my car is decelerating it makes a little clattering noise is this normal i read from another site that the cause of this is to do with one of the needle settings. Can anybody shed any light or give me any advice. 2. i ran the car with no shell on as i heard it cools the engine better. can i run it with the shell on on the next tank ? Also the engine never got too hot, it was hot to touch but not boiling hot. Is this a good or bad thing? I would be most greatful for any advice on these matters.:)

Back