Need Advice: New RC10GT engine needed!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jomofro39

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello,
I just blew up my little brother's stock RC10GT motor. I believe its just a cheapy AE.15 with pullstart, so I am going to get him a new motor for it. I blew it up trying to tune it, it didn't get that hot at all and just clinked, turns out, the arm just shattered. First time I have seen that, so that was exciting. :D But I feel bad and want to get him a good, slightly powerful (we just bash), easy to tune and reliable engine. I have heard good things about OS, but since I have seen them for 100, i was kind of curious as to their reliability. I definitely do not want to get him another AE, and nothing more than 150 bucks, with P.S. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Nice. Exactly what I was looking for. How do I make sure it can fit in the rc10?

You shouldn't have a problem. You may have to cut the crankshaft...

I'm pretty sure the RC10 comes with a rotary carb, side exhaust, short shaft engine in it. If you have a photo of the engine with the flywheel off, I could probably tell you for sure.

Associated sells a cut off nut just for this purpose:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LX3382&P=7

Put the collet/flywheel/on, screw the nut on, cut the excess shaft off. When you back the nut off, it will straighten out the threads.

I ran a Dynamite .12SPD in my RC10GT and it was pretty peppy with a 360 degree header on it ;-)

Back