Need a new receiver for my RC10GT...recommendations please....thanks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justinkukuc

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello Everyone,

I recently posted a comment regarding my RC10GT and after further investigation I am going to replace my receiver on the buggy. Can anyone give me some suggestions on what would work best for this rig.

Thanks.

Unless your wanting to upgrade the radio too, just replace it with a stocker. That would be the cheapest route as well. There's been a handful of 2.4ghz radios that have came out recently for right around $100. One of those would be a great upgrade.

Unless your wanting to upgrade the radio too, just replace it with a stocker. That would be the cheapest route as well. There's been a handful of 2.4ghz radios that have came out recently for right around $100. One of those would be a great upgrade.

I wouldn't mind upgrading both. Any specific model or brand that you would prefer over another? Let me know

thanks

I've only used the Traxxas and the fancy Spectrum units. Both seemed to do great. More range than you could ever need, glitch free, and the Spectrum has telemetry. It was a bit of a pain for us to get the rpm sensor dialed in, but it was our first time. Once the temp sensor was calibrated(around the right fin on the cooling head), it stayed that way and worked flawlessly.

I've only used the Traxxas and the fancy Spectrum units. Both seemed to do great. More range than you could ever need, glitch free, and the Spectrum has telemetry. It was a bit of a pain for us to get the rpm sensor dialed in, but it was our first time. Once the temp sensor was calibrated(around the right fin on the cooling head), it stayed that way and worked flawlessly.

Hey Metalhead Matt,

Check out ebay item number 390190657053 would this one work good or should I purchase something else. If you have a link to a specific one please let me know. Like I said I am a newbie to the sport and would like the input and direction from someone.

Thanks

what is the exact name,copy then paste it so i can check it out

A Spektrum DX3e would be a great system for the price.

if thats what you want it will work

if thats what you want it will work

This is the one that I found but I wasn't sure it is a spectrum TTX240 Tactic 2.4Ghz and the cost for the remote with receiver with the shipping is about $90. Let me know if you have a specific one that you would recommend or is the one mentioned above a good choice?

Thank you everyone

I personally like futaba but for the price thats good for a 2.4 but like I've learned you get what you pay for!!

I personally like futaba but for the price thats good for a 2.4 but like I've learned you get what you pay for!!

Is there a specific model that I should search for the futaba. Again I don't mind spending the money as long as it will last.

Thanks

futaba 3pm-x 3 channel

sry wrong one check out the 3pm futaba

i think this one is good for the price aswell

Futaba 2PL 2.4GHz FHSS Radio System w/R603GF Receiver

go to absolutehobbyz.com

Back