Need a Geek...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
I've had an annoying little video of Larry King pop up on the right side of EVERY single article I go to in the New York Daily News web site. It's been doing it for several weeks. I've never clicked on it, but it will cycle 15 second clips endlessly unless I stop it with the pause button EVERY time I go to another article. I've been unable to block it by any means I've had available.
I've already spent a couple of more hours today trying to make it stop and it turns out that it's a virus that calls itself "JWplayer".
I'm using Comodo Ice Dragon as my primary browser and I can't find a way to turn it off and I don't find it listed anywhere in my files. Adaware didn't find it and neither did Malwarebytes.

Here's what I get on every page:

LK1.jpg

I'm able to pause the annoying video:

LK2.jpg

This is the info that shows for about 3 seconds with a 'right click'.
LK3.jpg

I've been running another deep scan that's almost taken 5 hours. Anyone ever heard of this or know of a way to kill it?

Last edited:
The other thing you can do is disable Flash in your browser entirely and then as you need it, enable it on a sit-by-site basis.

Problem is that I'm now getting hit with popups on sites even when my adblockers are activated. Those popups, when I try to turn them off, take me to that ad site.

Can you go into the browser settings and delete all cookies? After getting rid of cookies, do a restart. If that don't work, download a fresh reload of the browser that you are using.

I'll give that a shot.
Looks to me that you browser is a new version firefox? I have mozilla but never use it because I was having the same problems as you. You should try Chrome. Download it. Import your favorites and run it. I think you will like it. It runs a lot better than Firefox.

Have you checked the pop-up blocker on your browser? If it's enabled and you're still getting these pop-ups, check for any recent add-ons installed on your browser. If there are none, then you might want to try a malware suite.

I've run numerous malware and AV programs and haven't been able to find it. Last night I also downloaded the "FREE" Spyhunter 4 program and it ran for about an hour. It found several browser hijackers and a total of 800 and some odd problems. When I clicked "Fix Now" I was taken to a registration site to pay $39.99 before it would remove them. I decided to remove the program, instead and was then given the offer of $10.00. At that point, I'm sure I had a scam that would do nothing but take my money. Who knows? It might have been part of the problem I'm having.

Check in your extension settings, wherever those are in IE. Also try running a full malwarbytes anti malware scan, if that fails, look for any odd looking tasks running in taks manager, or odd downloads, if that fails try reinstalling Internet explorer.

Back