Need a bit of help with Thunder Tiger SSK

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spikmun

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I recently bought some fuel for my Nitro RC car that has been sitting collocting dust for a while, The car is literally brand new it has never been driven since it was bought and has only been started a few times since (with problems). So i do everything as the manual says, I fill the tank with 20% Nitro RC fuel, I then manually open the throttle and pull the pull start untill the fuel has reached the carburettor, i then pull it 3 more times (to prime it). I then put the glow igniter onto the car and pull the pull start and the car goes absolutely crazy, One time the fuel in the fuel tank started bubbling because it the engine was going so fast, So i quickly grab the remote control and pull back on the throttle to stop the car from throttling so much (The car is held off the floor on a brick), I then pull the glow igniter out and the engine cuts off instantly.

I realy have no clue with Nitro RC cars and help would be much appreciated! I have also set the high speed needle to what it says in the manual (i turned it clockwise untill it wouldnt turn anymore, i then turned it counter clockwise 2.5 turns). I have no idea what I'm ment to do with the idle needle, I guess i need to sort that one out when the engine is running to get it just right?

Thanks!

check all your settings on the controler and try messing with them all while the power is on but not running to see what is going on... I had that problem with a couple nitros turned on instant screach had to sit down and do this and found out there was a button that got flipped and a nob got turned..

Usally if it dies as so as you take the igniter off its a bad plug or running way to rich.Mainly bad plug.

my nitros wil die when u pull the igniter out when iv just started them from cold, have to leave it maybe 10 seconds then take it out. pull of the air filter and look down into the carb, there will be a small gap maybe 1-2mm wide, this is ur idle, turn on all the radio gear and pull the trigger and u will see the gap should widen. release the trigger and make sure the gap goes back to the 1-2mm size. Now if the gap is bigger than that 2 things could be wrong, either ur idle is set to high or the controller is set up wrong, ur case i think its the controller. twist the knobs and u should see the carb moving, close it overand try from there