Need a 1/10 buggy kit.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpricenator

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I would like to see what you guys think about 1/10 buggy kits. I already have a DHK Wolf1, that I upgraded to an XTM bushless motor and ESC set. Well the Wolf was a pretty weak RC, and was made for 25 - 30 MPH speed, and low smooth jumps. The new motor combo has made it faster than the design can handle. You can't drive it with out it breaking something and crashes destroy things. So I am on the hunt for a kit that I can build to last. If I retire my Wolf, I will already have the RX/TX, motor, ESC, Stock Kraton Servo, and plenty of wheels and tires. So All I need is the kit. What am I looking at? Team ASS is right around the corner from my office, but their stuff seems more main stream than I usually go for. I don't like showing up somewhere and there are 5 people running the same car. Local bash spot the other day and there were 3 E-revos, and 3 slashes. Kraton surprised them all. :cool: So what say you. I am thinking 4 wheel drive, but if you know of a sweet 2WD I would like the lead on it. Thanks for reading. And a street racer might be cool too, I really just don't know.

What are you doing with it mostly? Bashing, racing, high speed runs? I am guessing a lot of people will recommend the Tekno EB410 based on their reputation for durability. You also didn't say what your budget is but the Tekno can be had for $340 from Tower

Less than $500 and am looking for a basher, but possibly track runner.

You may go e-baying and see if you can find the Re-re RC10 "Worlds Edition" that was selling this time last year. I picked up one for under $200 for my son. Now that they are out of production again, the price may have gone up a bit. Solid kit, it has the nostalgia of the old RC10, but with modern CVD's, Shocks, and gears that can handle brushless power.

Another option could be the Hobby King Basher BZ-222, their 2wd racing buggy. Decent buggy, but you gotta be willing to tinker with the belt drive, I hear it if finiky. There are some guys on RCgroups that are 3-d printing new transmission cases that apparently fix the issue?
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/1-10th-2wd-racing-buggy-kit-version-self-build.html

Another Hobbyking - they just re-release their Quantum Vandal 4wd buggy - now with hobbywing esc and motor, instead of their house brand electrics. I think the RTR is about $85, ARR $65, kit about $60. Dirt cheap, I am tempted myself. LOL
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/quanum-vandal-1-10-4wd-electric-racing-buggy-rtr.html
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/quanum-vandal-1-10-4wd-electric-racing-buggy-arr.html

Tekno EB410 - Early still, but over at RCTech, several people are reporting severe front end damage after moderate / heavy crashes. Considering Tekno's reputation for building tanks, and that part of their pre-release ad-copy was "you can't finish first if you don't finish" - I kind of expect them to release a 'fixed' kit pretty quick, but that is just my gut feeling, not any official word.

Last edited:
This is a bargain at A Main HobbieKit
HB Racing D216 2WD Electric Buggy Kit @ $179.99USD

hbs116155.jpg

I was just checking that Kyosho out the other day. I dig it for sure. It'll be after X-mas, but ay get replaced by a trip to Cancun this summer. It'll be tight for the first half of the year getting ready for that.

I didn’t read all of this but how about the Pro-line MT 4x4. It’s 1/10 with mod1 gearing. It’s everything I tried to turn my Slash into. I think you are wanting a buggy. I hate bashing buggies because of the exposed shocks. However, I still do. Lol

Back