Mystery part (STORM RTR Buggy)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

militarymaxx

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I just purchased a STORM RTR and along with the usual instruction booklets and the shock spacers there was this little package that includes 2 screws and a small plastic item in it.
I've looked through the manual many times and can't for the life of me figure out what it is. Help please !!

pic of part

It looks like this.

fc09ac9a.jpg

thats to hold a transponder at a race track..

You mean the controller ? How would it attach ?

A transponder at the track mounts up during a race. When your car passes through either checkpoints or the start/finish line, its lets the time keeper (usually a p.c.) know.

If you dont race at a track you can leave it off :)

Ahhhhhh!!! Got it. I never would have figured this one out. I am not new to R/C (have many electrics), but new to nitro and to racing. I have been to some races and always wondered how they kept track. I saw the PC and heard the beeps, but left it at that. I want to go up to some of the racers and 'pick their brains', but not sure how comfortable they are with strangers coming around their cars/gear. Anyways, Thanks for helping me out on this. I will cancel my therapy appointment.

LOL!

Well I have found that most racers are VERY helpful. Especially if you only ask a couple of questions at a time. Then, there are the ones who will try to get you to rebuild your whole ride and take an hour to explain why lol

Nothing to loose. Just go for it. My LHS has been my 2nd best resource. The web has been #1.

well the 1st day i raced i was more than willing to help a new savage owner with things like his gear mesh and stuff JUST so he did not get it wrong.. it was so tight it would bairly turn by hand, then i helped him with the settings that were off.. so dont worry bout asking questions.. rember they are experianced at something your new to, and they might have a tip that will save you lots of time to figure out why..

Back