MY XTM X-Terminator Deluxe RTR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AC48

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well, I finnaly have the buggy I'll be keeping for a long time :) I got the first two tanks through the 24.7 today and the mill is very impressive. This is the second X-Terminator I've had, the first was the regular and for the extra $50 or so you get a lot of great hop up parts. 5mm shocktowers, CF radio tray and center diff plate, upgraded heatsink, black aluminum tuned pipe, better radio, and a bunch of other stuff. I am very impressed with the quality of this buggy. Some people don't like the XTM buggies but the are awesome buggies, maybe not the best for racing, but with the deluxe you get the best bang for the buck out of R/C I've had (7 total)...well the savage too :) Anyway, I highly encourage anyone looking to get into the buggy secne to look at the X-Terminator buggys, this buggy its great. The engine is the easiest engine to tune I have ever had, (8), and starts everytime, runs consistant and is very reliable. Well heres the pics...enjoy :D

12e54429.jpg

b79f6e82.jpg

278cf69e.jpg

13c130bd.jpg

Did the first two tanks of breakin today and it only stalled one time, ran consistantly at about 190 ish, the enigne is amazingly reliable, never spiked in temps, reacted to needle changes just as I expected, its great.

Last edited:
Looks sweet man... If you get a new pipe, you'll notice a HUGE difference. That pipe is terrible, i had one and when i switched to my Jammin JP2, I actually saw a gain of like 3-4 mph. and some power. It was awesome.

try an 086 pipe on that motor, better top end and bottom end grunt.

Sweet ride man..if XTM parts were more available....I would get one.

All ya gotta do is go to Hobbypeople.net and order the parts. Do you run every single day? it shouldn't be that horrid to wait 5 days for stuff to come in then wait for your hobbyshop to order em. Does your hobby shop carry ofna? mine doesn't.

looks very nice. How much did you pay for it? where did you get it? thx

Buggyracer28 said:
All ya gotta do is go to Hobbypeople.net and order the parts. Do you run every single day? it shouldn't be that horrid to wait 5 days for stuff to come in then wait for your hobbyshop to order em. Does your hobby shop carry ofna? mine doesn't.

No, i dont run everyday, but when i do i break a lot of poop...shipping charges would kill me. Sometimes i can't wait 4-5 days for sumptin...i gotta have it then and there.

Yeah my LHS carries OFNA...

o sweet. if your lhs carries ofna, go for the hyper 7 pcr. my lhs's dont carry ofna parts.

toro_man said:
looks very nice. How much did you pay for it? where did you get it? thx
I got it for $380 at www.hobbypeople.net I am in NH and I get all my stuff from hobbypeople its not really that bad. I hear you can get one of these at RCX for $299 too.

The first thing I plan on changing is the tuned pipe just as soon as I get some extra cash.

I just got my xterm at RCX for racing. For 300 BUX!!!! This thing looks to be very good quality. For 300 bux, this thing looks like it should actually be going for 6-700 bux, and then retail to be 1000

Sweet ride AC... I got my Xterm Pro this winter and it is a very capable ride. XTM makes some great horsepower, but I don't think they get the credit they deserve for there buggies. You are right about Xterms being the best bang for your buck. It comes out of the box tougher than nails and with some awesome horsepower. Let us know how it goes. I am not at all unhappy with mine. Take care.

Tom

Congrats on the new toy. Maybe we'll get some other guys converted over to XTM. Biggest bang for the buck. Don't hear many people talk about em here.
I have to order all my parts online. Ordered some x-cell parts one Sunday, got em Wed. I'm closer to Tower Hobbies and it's always about 9 days to 2 weeks. Can't beat Hobby People for online service. :cheers:

Yea, XTM has good quality stuff. I've got a few tanks through it but haven't finished breakin cause of teh damn rain. I am impressed with its power so far, looks to me like the best buy for 1/8th buggies.

digger said:
Congrats on the new toy. Maybe we'll get some other guys converted over to XTM. Biggest bang for the buck. Don't hear many people talk about em here.
I have to order all my parts online. Ordered some x-cell parts one Sunday, got em Wed. I'm closer to Tower Hobbies and it's always about 9 days to 2 weeks. Can't beat Hobby People for online service. :cheers:

You know digger, you right, you don't see to many folks talking about the XTM stuff on this site. Every now and again you hear folks talking about XTM's mills but other than that. Not a whole lot. XTM buggies just don't get the exposure that all the others get. You guys kept me from getting rid of that buggy after I got it, and I haven't regretted it since. Anyway it doesn't matter to me if folks think there junk here. I am having a great time with it and having fun which is what it is all about. I am on the track more than in the pits with this thing I can tell you that much. Great ride. Sorry to sound redundent, just trying to spread the word. One more XTM guy in this forum... Time to celebrate! :cheers:

Tom

Yea they don't get the props the should. I've had two XTM buggies and loved them both. I don't race but I hear they are kinda heavy for racing. They are quite durable too, except for the rear diff brace, thats the only part I have ever broken on a XTM buggy. The 24.7 is awesome to, extremely easy to tune, runs on dirt to :D I once got dirt in my old one, cleaned it out real good, ran better than before. Its great, very reliable engine. We should get a XTM thread going haha, like the Swift one. Post pics of yours guys!

AC48 said:
Yea they don't get the props the should. I've had two XTM buggies and loved them both. I don't race but I hear they are kinda heavy for racing. They are quite durable too, except for the rear diff brace, thats the only part I have ever broken on a XTM buggy. The 24.7 is awesome to, extremely easy to tune, runs on dirt to :D I once got dirt in my old one, cleaned it out real good, ran better than before. Its great, very reliable engine. We should get a XTM thread going haha, like the Swift one. Post pics of yours guys!

Will do... I will take a pic tonight and post. I have to figure out how to post pics though!

Tom

godale03 said:
Anyway it doesn't matter to me if folks think there junk here. I am having a great time with it and having fun which is what it is all about.
Tom

EXACTLY, very well said! As long as you are having fun with it, and enjoying your buggy, and it does what you need it to, that's all that matters, not what anyone else thinks of it.

Anyway, nice looking buggy AC.

Quite cool Aaron. The P5 arrived today, but it needs a proper tear down n' clean...gonna be fun :)

1 a-arm, tires and wheels, front hub, radio, and steering sevo. All thats been replaced in better than a year. Just an old fart that doesn't bash as much as some, but it's took some hard licks. Thought it should have been broke and kept going. :eyes:
Been watching the Mammoth ST pretty hard. Want a truggy next.
Give em hell XTM!! :cheers:

Thanks NC, and Mike I'm glad you got it finally. I bashed my old X-Term quite hard and only broke the rear diff tab once, thats it. I jsut put my HS-5645MG in for steering to and moved teh X-77 tho throttle :D