My very own Slash thread!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMaxxin

SLAP YA MAMA
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I need a place to post random junk and pics of my slash so here it is! Heres the Hop up list as of now.

Sway bar kit
Aluminum front drive hub
A few more things are in the mail!

And pics

Slash4x4.gif

850.gif

bottomslash.gif

woohoo.jpg

upclose.jpg

My new 18t pinion came in today and I quickly learned that this truck can be fast and theres no way I can run an 18t pinion! With the 13t the motor temp was getting higher than I would like but that was towards the end of a run. The esc and battery were fine so I figured the motor was turning too many rpm's and tried the 18t...Everything got warm in a hurry! I'm going to order a few more pinions in the middle and hopefully find it's happy place.

What gearing are you guys running for offroad use? BTW I'm running a 2s pack.

The slash got a little air today, I didn't have anyone to take pics of the big air but I took a couple of pics while I was driving....This thing was in the air for the whole pack and nothing broke, thats pretty darn good!

air3.jpg

air2.jpg

Great pics! I'm glad to hear the 4x4 is as tough as the 2wd version. We finally broke something on my son's. We popped a shock cap off :)

I was waiting for a shock cap to pop, traxxas shocks are famous for that...nothing a set of aluminum caps won't fix!

The body sits a little too low IMO so I made a body lift for it last night.

I used four shock mount bushings under the body mount to give it a 1/4" lift, I also used longer screws to hold the mounts on. I did the same thing front and rear.

Shock bushings
shockbushings.gif

Body mount with lift
boddypost.gif

This is at running weight with the shocks slightly compressed
bodyhight.gif

Thanks! I saw the RPM adjustable body mounts and figured I could come up with something close to what they use.

Installed some goodies, the sway bars make a big difference!

RPM arms front and rear
aluminum C's and hubs on the front
RPM carriers on the rear
sway bars front and rear

newparts.gif

newparts2.gif

For gearing, just drop it to 12T on the pinion. Run the stock 54T spur, and you should be good. I don't have my 4x4 anymore, but that's what I raced with on 2S packs. Always stayed nice temperature wise.

Gave the Slash a new attitude with a Novak HV Pro 6.5 system. The motor is a bit longer than stock so to make a little room I moved the RX box to the front, it's a nice fit now! It's geared 14/54 running on a 2s pack and after 25 minutes of hard running the temp was 95 on the esc, 102 on the motor, speed is close to the stock set up as it sits.....Taller gearing and more voltage are in it's near future!

HVPro65.gif

I had to cut off four fins and grind a notch for the motor mount screw but I got the heat sink on the motor!

novak65.gif

A few action shots from today

11111111111111.jpg

Draggin the bumper!

22222222222222.jpg

333333333333333.jpg

Smaxxin.....u got a good thread. Cool pics, real helpful with the sway bar install and the risers for the body. Coooooool stuff.

Back