My Traxxas Nitro 4 tech 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PappaD

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey everyone,
I need some advice as I am new to all this. I just bought this car and I like the car but not the radio that came with it. I am looking into an Aitronics M11 w/Spektrum Pro. What I need to know is, what servos to use? Any advice or instruction would be helpful. :bow:

Thanks in advance!!!

Hmm..........there are a lot to choose from. For on-road, you want to balance servo speed and torque. You won't need a ton of torque because it's pretty easy to steer once it's rolling. Just enough to steer well and to be able to clamp the brakes. I'd be the stock servos would work fair enough for a short while.

Thanx and never mind my post in the welcome forum. Will the stock servos work with the spektrum rx? It does come with the traxxas high torque servo.

They should work. The only thing is to check how their pinned. Different manufacturers put the +, - and signal in different spots. But a quick web search should be able to get that sorted. Just let us know if you take the M11 leap.

Will do. I'll probably order tomorrow! My dad and I used to fly planes when I was younger and he paid all the bills. Now, I have a son wanting all the bells and whistles (Well, I do to)so I guess you really do reap what you sow! LOL I definetly crashed my share of planes. I can tell this is going to be a sickness! I better start operating in a little restraint now or I'm in BIG trouble!!

Let us know how you like the M11. I have used the M8 for MANY years and just ordered in an M11 as a holiday gift for myself. We can learn it together. I opted to go with the standard 75 FM rather then the spectrum. With the stable of 8 RCs or so at any given time I dont even want to think about converting my RXs over. I find enough other things to spend my money on.

If for some reason the servo pins are reversed on the spectrum radio (I dont think they are) its easy enough to swap them around. I was driving a stock 4Tech the other day and the servos are fine. IMO a little slow but to start off with, youll be just fine.

Glad to have you in town. Could you splash a little holy water on this joint? A few of us need all the help we can get.

You know if either one of you hate that radio you can just send it to me :second_place: