My slash at my LHS track

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Yesterday I took my slash to my LHS carpet track to see how it handles with the new lcg kit. It does better on the jumps and does not roll over as much. I still have a problem when I turn one of the rear wheels comes up and sometimes I would spin out. I broke one of the stock steering hubs so I got the RPM ones and replaced it under 20 minutes. My slash is 6 years old and I just broke one of the stock plastic parts which is really good. Also due to all of the jumps 2 of my shocks leaked oil. So I was running on 3 different types of shocks. In the front I was running the stock ultra shocks. In the rear I was running one traxxas big bore shock and one aluminum big bore hobby park shocks. I had to put some shock pre load spacers on one of the shocks to level the car. Next is new set of shocks. I was looking at the proline prospec shocks or the traxxas gtr shocks. Also going to look into brushless systems and a new servo. The traxxas servo that I have in there right now is slow. Also when I was there I got some paint for the bodies. I picked out blue, orange, silver and, white. Also I had some problems with the rear bumper mount. The clips for the mount kept coming off of the chassis. So I am getting the RPM bumper mount.

Interesting.
For the roll over question, you can maybe put less grippy tires in the rear... I am thinking of doing that for my next Slash race and it could maybe solve the problem; "when I turn one of the rear wheels comes up and sometimes would spin out". (If I understand correctly)

Carpet stuff is so sticky...

Yes, you will be a bit slower on cornering, but no rollover at all during your 5 minutes race...

...I had some problems with the rear bumper mount. The clips for the mount kept coming off of the chassis. So I am getting the RPM bumper mount.
That RPM bumper mount is super nice. I installed one on our Slash, and it blows the stock one completely out of the water.

Nice runs there David. It's good that you are learning with the stock setup, because it is teaching you the racing line, which you are obviously getting in various laps around the track. Once you get more speed, you will be much better off having started slow.

Interesting.
For the roll over question, you can maybe put less grippy tires in the rear... I am thinking of doing that for my next Slash race and it could maybe solve the problem; "when I turn one of the rear wheels comes up and sometimes would spin out". (If I understand correctly)

Carpet stuff is so sticky...

Yes, you will be a bit slower on cornering, but no rollover at all during your 5 minutes race...
I run these Schumacher mini pins. I believe I have the blue compound which is the hardest compound. I will test other compounds and tires.

Also I am going to get a bearing kit. I have the stock bearings and when I was replacing the steering hub it did not roll freely. Good thing I had some extra bearings. Also when I was replacing it I put on one of my spare aluminum wheel hex hub.

I run these Schumacher mini pins. I believe I have the blue compound which is the hardest compound. I will test other compounds and tires.
Yep, popular pick. Talking of SCT tires, for outdoor carpet, my son uses;

In Front: J Concept Choppers
In rear: Pro-Line Wedge

IMG_3951 (2).JPG

The Pro Line Wedge (soft) are very good and grippy. The Choppers (green) less grippy but more flat run.
I will put 4 Wedges for next summer.

Back