My SCX-10 Project

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamz9561

Proud Short Bus Rider
Supporter
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've finally gotten this project to where I feel comfortable sharing it with my buds here. I've got some accessories on it and I've got the lights working. I still need to do some more detailing, but all in good time.

Front View

062c9f1d.jpg

Passenger Side View

22992635.jpg

Back view

65e4d2e6.jpg

Driver's side.

818d3c17.jpg

This is kind of a tribute to the 2007 JK my dad and I were building before he died.

I'll try and get some lighted pics after dark.

Edit: This is also a 100% rattle can paint job.

Last edited:
Here's some night images of the SCX-10JK:

Front

eba0ea4d.jpg

Side

1a3cbd40.jpg

Tail Lights

2bc35b5e.jpg

Looking good Hamz. If I replace my sc truck tires any time soon I'll give you one of the old ones, they are Flat Iron look alikes so you could have a matching spare.

Man thats pretty sweet man, wish I coulda watched the process. Dont be un-comfortable here, cmmmooooonnnn. :D

Thanks, Lloyd. I'm going to get my sister to sew a cover for the spare like I had on my 1:1 JK that this is modeled after.

The paint job is nothing special, just rattle cans. I'll get some pictures of my lights on the inside of the lid later on.

Very nice! I'd love to see pics of how you did the lights on the body, all I have is lights in the bumpers on mine.

Sent from my Samsung Admire

More parts on order from RC4WD:

King Kong Shackles
Tough Armor Bumper/Spare Tire Carrier
Yellow Tie-down straps
Bungies, Keg and Propane Can
Steering Servo Relocation Kit
Tough Armor Rock Sliders

They've been shipped and should be here by the weekend. Looking forward to doing some more work on the rig.

Sweet, can't wait to see! Do you have Prolines floor-pan under your body? The 2nd pic I can't see through the front wells.

No under-body floor pan, just the Pro-Line JK shell. I'm thinking of building some plastic ones from scratch unless I can find some that I can bash into this kit.

They're here! Got all of the parts in!
Now if I csn stop piddling with the new 1:1 I might get some time to install them.
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

You got the rear end lifted up any?

Great looking Jeep Hamz, keep the progress pics coming!

Got the bumper, rock sliders and steering relocation kit installed as well as some other goodies on it. I'm just waiting on the Shoe-Goo that's holding some of the light wires in place to dry before I can get some pics of the inside of the shell to show how I installed the lights.

More pics of the project:

The Light Control mount with my chaotic wiring:

20121016_161357_zps71a3bad0.jpg

The Right Side showing the rock sliders:

20121016_161541_zps9c247199.jpg

The top of the chassis showing the new parts:

20121016_161551_zps0a92907e.jpg

The rear bumper with the spare mounted and covered:

20121016_161626_zpsae9f79fc.jpg

I run those sliders on my SCX and man they are sweeeeeet!! If your a weetard like me, and am no further than 12" from rig to my nose it almost sounds 1:1 when they hit rocks and shhtuff!

Awesome looking trail truck, this is a fact.

Thanks, I need to get some pictures of it with the shell back on it and all of the lights lit again.

Let me see what I can do....

Here are the latest daylight pics. I just finished mounting the Rampage bumper and shackles from RC4WD. I've got some work to do to get the lights working on it again.

20130302_152524_zps668e11cf.jpg

20130302_152514_zpsd6d1b46a.jpg

20130302_152500_zps0e4cacda.jpg

20130302_152450_zps7f5c45fe.jpg

Back