MY NEW TOY and it new MSLY HPI 5B

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZANDOR

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well I will start this Thread..
My 5B will be here tomarrow...I will Put up pics after work..
I am excited I have been waiting for a long time for this.I just could not wait to say I got it!

BAJA_001.jpg

BAJA_002.jpg

BAJA_006.jpg

BAJA_004.jpg

BAJA_007.jpg

Last edited:
Thats Great I Was Told They Are About 999.99 Is That True? Do You Have A Camcorder So We Can All Hear What That Things Does And Sounds Likei Am Going O Wait A Little While To Make Sure Ther Are No Problems With Them
Keep Us All Posted

I saw one at my LHS that thing is a beast, Remember to get rid of the little crappy pipe comeing out of the muffler, More Noise and POWER.

The owner of the LHS up here had one out already....it sounds like your running a chain saw.....but it does go..the only thing..while doing some small jumps off a dirt pile he snapped the right front shock shaft....and there are no parts out just yet to fix it...so now it sits on the shelf of the hobby shop missing one shock...which i might add are HUGE...the whole thing is huge...the air filter looks like a can of soup laying there.

4 came in to Southeast RC on friday....3 sold that day...the fouth went w/ the owner to the airfield for some "testing"......they are awsome

MR4X4KING said:
Thats Great I Was Told They Are About 999.99 Is That True? Do You Have A Camcorder So We Can All Hear What That Things Does And Sounds Likei Am Going O Wait A Little While To Make Sure Ther Are No Problems With Them
Keep Us All Posted

Yep that is about the going price...

get rid of the little crappy pipe comeing out of the muffler, More Noise and POWER.

That little crappy pipe Is loud...Its the same thing on my monster beetle..I want to get the samba pipe to see what it has to offer...

The owner of the LHS up here had one out already....it sounds like your running a chain saw.....but it does go..the only thing..while doing some small jumps off a dirt pile he snapped the right front shock shaft....and there are no parts out just yet to fix it...so now it sits on the shelf of the hobby shop missing one shock...which i might add are HUGE...the whole thing is huge...the air filter looks like a can of soup laying there.

I am sure bruce has a line of replacement parts..
And yes the air filter is huge!

the fouth went w/ the owner to the airfield for some "testing"......they are awsome

I will be going out saterday to compair the beetle to the 5B For my own testing....:banana:

Congrats bro, I know the waiting has been torture for you LOL Can't wait to read the report on it!

My 5B will be here tomarrow...

Unless the UPS truck get's involved in an accident with one of those poaching old lady's and, while no one is paying attention, a band of thieving midgets calling themselves "Los Pequenos Hermanos" break into the disabled UPS truck and jack your 5b.

But I don't think THAT would happen, that just seems silly!

Congrats Zandor. Please let us know how it compares to your monster beatle. Also on the durablity of it.

Your going to give me the monster buggy now right? You said so remember..JK

Last edited:
OHH MAN i am SO jealous ......

when you can break yourself away from it let us all know what you think about it

couldnt be happier for you bro! enjoy it :)

Pics added...
The shocks on this thing are huge!The suspension is just nuts with the amount of travel it has..I can't wait for the week end to give it a try!

YEAAAHHH Nice man!!!! I examined one at my lhs the other day, VERY NICE CHOICE!!! You're going to have a blast driving it! Please make a vid, cuz that would be insanely awesome. :D

Nice rig Dog. Did you atleast start it up? Arnet the shock on the B5 very similar to the savages? I think I remember seeing the comparison of the 2 on hpi's site. Be sure to make a video.

dannyd said:
Nice rig Dog. Did you atleast start it up? Arnet the shock on the B5 very similar to the savages? I think I remember seeing the comparison of the 2 on hpi's site. Be sure to make a video.

Nope I haven't started it yet! I need to pull out the reciver and put a DSM in there..

And no the shocks on the 5B are massive Like 3 times the size of the savage shocks..

Sweet ride Zandor....I can't wait to rip mine at the bmx track..its gonna turn some heads I think...congrats..and thank you ! I owe you big time!!

WOW! That looks awesome. Make sure to put up some action video of that beast!!

Sweet ride Zandor.

I lost interest in it due to the delays and decided to get the Kyosho STR instead.

I feel the fire starting again however and I have a birthday coming up..........

What is up with people named Rob buying up all the ST-Rs? Congrats to all of you on your new rides.

So did you run her in yet Zandor?

Hey Zandor are the rims on the b5 bead lockers?