My new monster truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to breathe new life into an old body
20200423_082157.jpg

Getting into the repairs of this and now it sounds like the rear differential or even the transmission might be stripped is this common in brushless setups

Getting into the repairs of this and now it sounds like the rear differential or even the transmission might be stripped is this common in brushless setups
Yes. If the slipper isn't set right, electric torque tends to be really hard on stuff.

This one is direct drive. Tore the transmission apart and found a blown bearing. Fixed that and put a small spacer on the spur gear to the pinion and it works flawlessly. Even dug through some boxes and found my original hard copy of the manual for this truck. Didnt even know I still had it lol. Now searching for the original box. If anyone can steer me in that direction I'd appreciate it

I broke down and bought the full bearing kit and started tearing it apart to replace all the bushings. So far just did the transmissions bearings and it's so much smoother

It's been fun running this truck but due to lack of parts availability it's getting cleaned and polished and retired to a shelf.