My new monster truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimmie28

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
I just got this in the mail. I had one 12 years ago and finally found one I could afford. How I've missed this truck lol
20200420_140711.jpg

Thanks. It's been a long time coming. It came with the stock body a silver 55 f100 extra speed control the stock motor and a brushless system installed

I slapped a radio in it and man its fast. I ordered an aluminum battery holder from tamiya USA. I'm looking for a rear steer lockout kit. It had custom aluminum skid plates. I'll get more pics in the next few days.

Just got my new jconcepts 93 f250 body in the mail and I can't wait to get it painted. Also repurposed part of the aluminum servo mount in the rear to lock it out. Works better for my style of driving. As I pulled the servo out I noticed they were savox sa-1258 tg servos front and rear. From what I've gathered those are good servos. And now I have a spare if needed. Let me know what you guys think of it

Just out of interest, why didn't you go with another stock body to keep the classic look? :D

I have the stock blue one that I will use for on the shelf sitting. I have also found the stick clear ones and will be getting a couple of those as well. The one thing I can't find is the decals. Tamiya USA doesn't even have them. They've discontinued them and are harder to find than Hens teeth. I'm also looking for a hard copy of the manual and a stock box. I'll pick those up when I find them though. I went with the f250 body because I own a 92 f150 named fred. I wanted to kind of match my 1:1 truck body wise.

Oh well, that makes sense :D
Yeah, I think the decals will be a problem. But to be honest, you can make something cool looking with a bit of work and some masking tape.
That is what I did with mine (although I actually got the body for my Arrma 4x4 3S LWB truck because it was on sale xD), that is what came out (I just let everything clear, if you would maybe paint the grill black and the headlights silver / red it might look pretty neat):

IMG-20200420-WA0000.jpeg

IMG_20200420_184831_751.jpg

Thank you. :D I actually painted it purple on the outside and silver on the inside, so I hope to get the effect that the car gets ''damaged'' every flip, will see how that pans out...
And your body looks pretty neat also, I really like the look of the masced of paintjob...whitch colours do you want to use? :)

So, basically more or less the original paintjob with a Uno Reverse Card? :hehe:
Sounds nice, post some pics when you are done painting :thumbs-up: