My New Ender 3 Pro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vertical lines in your print are typically caused by your start and stop points. I am not sure what it is called in Cura, but in Simplify 3d you can set the start points to be optimised, random, or start closest to an XY coordinate. Random will create the fewest vertical patterns as it will start at various points from layer to layer.

Stringing will be in your retraction settings. More retraction will usually take care of it.

I just made my first 3d print (benchy). It turned out very good, the only problems I noticed were, a little stringing and for some reason there was a vertical line (1.5mm wide) that the filament wasn't done right. What would cause this? I would take a picture, but I used black pla, so the picture wouldn't be high res enough for you to see what I am talking about.
sounds like you havent figured out where to put the seam at yet. In your slicer there should be a setting where you have control over where the seam is.. by default it is usually at the back center of the part, depending on which slicer you are using, I use Cura .. default settings usually puts the seam right in the middle of the left side of a benchy .. anything with a corner ,just put the seam on the corner and use the hide seam , or smart hiding option. I usually use "random" for circular things with no corner to hide the seam in..

Last edited:
I was new to 3DP about a year ago.
This guy helped me alot with my Ender 3v2.
https://www.youtube.com/@BV3D
I definitely recommend a CR Touch or a BL touch, OctoPrint and a firmware upgrade. It took me a few tries to get everything set up.
My Ender is effortless now and very easy to us as I haven't had a failed print in months.
I drag and drop the file from my PC to the printer and click print and I wait until it is done.
Best of luck to you.

I was new to 3DP about a year ago.
This guy helped me alot with my Ender 3v2.
https://www.youtube.com/@BV3D
I definitely recommend a CR Touch or a BL touch, OctoPrint and a firmware upgrade. It took me a few tries to get everything set up.
My Ender is effortless now and very easy to us as I haven't had a failed print in months.
I drag and drop the file from my PC to the printer and click print and I wait until it is done.
Best of luck to you.
I upgraded my v2 with the Marlin firmware from TH3D a few months back and it is markedly better. I'm about to set up a BLT on my S5 and see how that works and octoprint is on my to do list :)

This is the way.

Front and rear bumpers, bumper lights, beadlocks, hub nut covers, bed rack, Gerry cans, jack, cooler, forward mount servo relocate, LCG battery tray, and a couple other accessories for it all 3d printed.
View attachment 157340View attachment 157341View attachment 157342View attachment 157343

I like to have some function too. This cooler also doubles as storage for my body clips, extra body clips, and extra hub nuts.

View attachment 157344View attachment 157345
Do you have some of those STL files and what printer do you use? If it’s the ender 3 can I have the sliced files please

Do you have some of those STL files and what printer do you use? If it’s the ender 3 can I have the sliced files please

The bumpers I'm not ready to share mostly because I've already sold a couple and have a couple of orders. I'll try to put together a list of the rest. It's all free stuff from Cults and Thingiverse.

Damn does this thing look sick got it yesterday assembled it and printed a gear came out like crap (it was not a good design it’s was for testing) going to print some Jerry cans today also might be getting a 1/10 crawler this week enless I pick something different

Interesting. Got mine (Ender 3 S1) this week too. Love it; Print my first front 1/10 buggy wheel and she looks exactly like the originals. Super sayen is pretty nice too;

IMG_4648 (3).JPG

IMG_4649 (2).JPG

Wheel maybe less solid... But it will be very useful for practices sessions at the race track. I am going to try to create a steering bell crank... (always broken)
Keep going
PL

Interesting. Got mine (Ender 3 S1) this week too. Love it; Print my first front 1/10 buggy wheel and she looks exactly like the originals. Super sayen is pretty nice too;

View attachment 157902
View attachment 157903

Wheel maybe less solid... But it will be very useful for practices sessions at the race track. I am going to try to create a steering bell crank... (always broken)
Keep going
PL
do yourself a favor and get your machine up off the foam a bit.. need airflow ..

The whole "tennis ball feet" and rubber under your printer is just dumb, and the people that started releasing designs to "dampen" your printer are clueless idiots. You don't want your printer bouncing back and forth. You want it as rigid as possible. If your printer is able to shift around, that force is transferred to your gantry, especially if you have your spool holder mounted above on the gantry. If it were an actual improvement, cnc machines would be mounted on floating pads. In reality, they are usually bolted to the floor for rigidity.

The whole "tennis ball feet" and rubber under your printer is just dumb, and the people that started releasing designs to "dampen" your printer are clueless idiots. You don't want your printer bouncing back and forth. You want it as rigid as possible. If your printer is able to shift around, that force is transferred to your gantry, especially if you have your spool holder mounted above on the gantry. If it were an actual improvement, cnc machines would be mounted on floating pads. In reality, they are usually bolted to the floor for rigidity.
You need to have a wife and have an older machine without the silent stepper drivers and you will see the benefit of dampening the machine from anything it sits on .. LOL seriously.. It isnt for print quality , it was to keep the older machines from transmitting Vibrations/sound to whatever they sit on and driving people crazy..Unless you have like a first gen ender(still got one!) you have NO IDEA how loud they really are .. Anything made after like 2019 is whisper quiet in comparison.. The fan noise is the loudest thing about modern machines. The beepy boopy stepper sounds didnt bother me, but my wife hated my printer until I put it on the ball feet..LOL . I still have 1 older non silent driver machine with raquetball feet .. they do WONDERS to keep the non silent steppers from transmitting to whatever it sits on.. .. A desk top becomes a gigantic amplification mechanism . Tried the paver under neath it, nope.. Wife still heard it upstairs when it would rapid so long prints while she was sleeping were a no go because it would wake her up.. Racquetball feet = I got to keep my printer and could actually use it because the wife could no longer hear the "stepper sing" from the basement. Like I said I still have one first gen machine.. your welcome to borrow it and see for yourself how "stupid" it is to put them on balls. I can run all 3 of my other machines and the minute I fire up that old ender you can't even tell there is anything but IT running.. LOL The real issue is most people didnt understand the ACTUAL reason it was being done in the first place.. Sound dampening .. not vibration dampening for print quality..

You need to have a wife and have an older machine without the silent stepper drivers and you will see the benefit of dampening the machine from anything it sits on .. LOL seriously.. It isnt for print quality , it was to keep the older machines from transmitting Vibrations/sound to whatever they sit on and driving people crazy..Unless you have like a first gen ender(still got one!) you have NO IDEA how loud they really are .. Anything made after like 2019 is whisper quiet in comparison.. The fan noise is the loudest thing about modern machines. The beepy boopy stepper sounds didnt bother me, but my wife hated my printer until I put it on the ball feet..LOL . I still have 1 older non silent driver machine with raquetball feet .. they do WONDERS to keep the non silent steppers from transmitting to whatever it sits on.. .. A desk top becomes a gigantic amplification mechanism . Tried the paver under neath it, nope.. Wife still heard it upstairs when it would rapid so long prints while she was sleeping were a no go because it would wake her up.. Racquetball feet = I got to keep my printer and could actually use it because the wife could no longer hear the "stepper sing" from the basement. Like I said I still have one first gen machine.. your welcome to borrow it and see for yourself how "stupid" it is to put them on balls. I can run all 3 of my other machines and the minute I fire up that old ender you can't even tell there is anything but IT running.. LOL The real issue is most people didnt understand the ACTUAL reason it was being done in the first place.. Sound dampening .. not vibration dampening for print quality..
I get why people do it but that doesn't mean that doesn't really negate what WF was saying about it not being good for your prints or your gantry imho.

I have one of the original CR10's and an early release S5. Neither of them are loud enough to bother me.

I never said the balls were being used to make anything print better. I simply said it will make them print worse. I know why they started doing it, but it's just wrong. You can buy dampeners to mount between your steppers and machine if you want to dampen stepper noise, and they work great.

I have one of the original CR10's and an early release S5. Neither of them are loud enough to bother me.

I never said the balls were being used to make anything print better. I simply said it will make them print worse. I know why they started doing it, but it's just wrong. You can buy dampeners to mount between your steppers and machine if you want to dampen stepper noise, and they work great.
Say what you want , I have a gen 2 with silent board sitting on stock feet next to the first gen on balls.. No difference in print quality between the 2 machines.. I run the same code on both machines , and you can't tell which one the parts come from. Not trying to say its better , by any means , and as I stated newer machines just dont need it period. But without the balls , I couldnt run that machine in my house at night. period.. So until you walk in my shoes you can think I'm stupid all you want my man.. My choices are either run balls on my oldest machine or be down a machine running at night.. That simple.. So Until I put a new motherboard in that machine it will run on ball feet... And I will put a new motherboard in when the OG 8 bit burns..

Say what you want , I have a gen 2 with silent board sitting on stock feet next to the first gen on balls.. No difference in print quality between the 2 machines.. I run the same code on both machines , and you can't tell which one the parts come from. Not trying to say its better , by any means , and as I stated newer machines just dont need it period. But without the balls , I couldnt run that machine in my house at night. period.. So until you walk in my shoes you can think I'm stupid all you want my man.. My choices are either run balls on my oldest machine or be down a machine running at night.. That simple.. So Until I put a new motherboard in that machine it will run on ball feet... And I will put a new motherboard in when the OG 8 bit burns..
I never called anyone stupid. I was referring to the idiots that initially started sharing the idea they came up with to dampen the noise on their machine by adding ball feet, which is a really dumb idea. They started posting it in the 3d printing groups as an improvement, when all they had to do was buy these cheap dampeners instead...
Dorhea NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Steel and Rubber Vibration Dampers with M3 Screw for Ender 3 Creality CR-10 CR-10S 3D Printer CNC Machines All Nema 17 Motors (Pack of 3) https://a.co/d/5Xlvmw0

By the time you buy the raquetballs, spend time, electricity, and filament to print the mounts, you could buy these dampeners that solve the problem, without causing any adverse affects to your machine.

I have told Grey about all the wannabe engineers that started surfacing, as more and more people bought 3d printers. People became experts overnight. The spread of misinformation was like a wildfire, where noobs would get a 3d printer, and within a couple weeks were spreading bad info themselves, as if it were the gospel. And the other noobs listened. The ball feet idea is like the pinnacle of that idiocy. Just look how many ball feet mods are on Thingiverse! I sat and shook my head at post after post in the Creality groups, and after trying to correct people, only to have morons tell me I didn't know what I was talking about, I just gave up. So yeah, I probably come off a bit coarse, but that is why. Just trying to help here.

On the smaller Enders, the shaking of the machine probably is not nearly as much an issue as it is on the bigger printers, like I have, which initially led me to design a better gantry support system than what was available on Thingiverse. A system which Creality now uses on their machines.

Even though you might not see it in your prints, just imagine taking your printer and jiggling it back and forth for 12 hours or more, day after day. Do you think that is good for it? No it is not. Especially since the Enders have the spool holder up top. That is adding a lot of weight and stress to the gantry, and causes the gantry to vibrate if your printer is not stable, whether you see it in your prints or not. The higher your gantry goes, the more it will be apparant. As it climbs, it adds even more weight to the top of the machine, causing even more vibration. Since most people only print things low to the bed, it doesn't show up much. But it is there.

Take this how you will. I have a lot of machine setup and operation experience, and mechanical design is something I am very good at, and very proud of. I made a very good career based on my understanding of work holding solutions to hold very complex parts for machining, and removing vibrations while doing so was critical to producing a good finished part. It was my special skill so to speak. Understanding vibrations in machine movement is something I excelled at, and allowed me to come up with some really crazy fixture designs that not only produced flawless parts, but did so faster than the attempts to produce them with prevous fixture designs. So yeah, just sayin. Ball feet are a bad idea, especially since there is a much better, and much easier to implement solution out there.

Last edited:
Back