My New EEM Package With Questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI-Killer

Axial Axle Twisting Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just got my Ax10 sportsman package and will get pics up asap but I got a set of droop springs because they messed my order up, where do these things go?

How did they mess up your order? Droop springs go in the shocks under the pistons. This works good on a shafty as it keeps the shocks bottomed out keeping the COG low then they just "droop" out when its time to flex.

ok got it all put together and have a question about my motor/trany posistion, the motor pinion and big ole black gear are facing the front of my rig, when running it, it is all backwards, forward is reverse and reverse is a crappy forward with no pressable brake, what can I do to cure this without turning the whole skidplate/motor/tranny unit around 180? Sorry no pics yet I have no functioning camera at my new apartment :(.

They had misleading things on the color schemes of the SNG package joe told me in an email, paid for 3day shipping only to be delayed because of it, revieving my package 8 days later. After all was said and done I am very impresed with the quality of this package compared to the flimsy weak stock chassis & such!

Sounds like you wired your motor backwards. Just flip the wires around. Or depending on your radio, just reverse the throttle.

Last edited:
Okay reversed throttle did nothin for me, before I solder the wires to the oposite tabs, my motor/tranny faced the rear of my rig prior to the SNG package makeover, flipping the wires still fix the problem?

(OT-Would my servo be a reason for my battery not lasting as long as it should? I find myself having cool down sessions every 20mins and I'm not getting the power at some points to crawl through stages, any ideas on this?)

Reversing the wires is going to reverse the motor from what direction its going now so yeah it should.
What battery? What servo?

Reversing the wires is going to reverse the motor from what direction its going now so yeah it should.
What battery? What servo?

7 cell converted to a hump pack but the battery that makes the hump is soldered to wires going to + & - (not sure if a battery pack is meant to be wired)4400 mah nicad and a savox 230 lb tq. servo. I'm not quite smart enough on the subject to step up to lipo but need to asap

Last edited:
Lipo is more simple than what your working with now, WAY smaller packs will get you better run time and more power too. Your running a sidewinder right? Go 3s and you will never look back.

lipo is more simple than what your working with now, way smaller packs will get you better run time and more power too. Your running a sidewinder right? go 3s and you will never look back.

x2 :D:D:D