Sold / Found my Moon Buggy build F/S as Roller

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmahh

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
OK, decided I'm going to sell my Moon Buggy build. THIS WILL BE OFFERED AS A ROLLER ONLY~!~. I have nearly finished building, but there are still some final things to be done, but they dont NEED to be done. I would say it is around 8.5 ro 9 out of 10 steps comleted. only needs some finishing work if you want to TRUELY finish it up, but the unit is Fully and Totally runable as it sets right now, but just not totally finished as i was planning to do.

DSCN5344.gif

DSCN5345.gif

DSCN5346.gif

DSCN5347.gif

DSCN5348.gif

DSCN5349.gif

I am offering this up as a Running Roller with no ELECTRONICS included.
here is the Build thread on RCC, i also have a thread here on it.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151682&highlight=moon

alot of the items i list below were bought new for this build, so when you see the word "NEW" below, it was NEW FOR THIS BUILD. otherwise parts were from my stock axial kit.

One Off custom Moon Buggy chassis which is brazed rod. it is Very strong, and overall in great shape, no bends, or problem spots. It is black and bit roughed up in looks from use,
but it can be stripped and repainted or powerder coated color of your choice.

Custom side plates front and rear for the four link mounting. I had planned on fillig the unused holes, then cleaning up the chassis a bit, and then making Large to Small body holes in the panels. but i have not done it yet, so you can do what you want to do. leave it, or continue with your own idea, or even complete it as i had planned. i think it would really LOOK great, not to mention the reduction of weight it would see.

There is a ProLine motor/blower kit i got from a buddy from his hpi bronco body. it is painted up to be installed as seen in the build thread and PB Pix. IT IS NOT CURRENTLY INSTALLED AND WILL NEED TO BE. I have planned on adding a cross bar for the innside edge of the motor to set on and attatch to.
DSCN5042.gif

DSCN5046.gif

DSCN5043.gif

Axial axles. the FRONT has new Cases, modified and link/shock mount.
New Axial Knuckles and Cs, HD Locker, and Axial CVD. one cvd has broken cross pin, so i installed the stock axle on that side and modded the drive cup for turn radius (inludes other Axial CVD, just needs new cross pin).
Rear axle has Axial Lockouts and Axial rear Straight Axles, HD Locker. Cases are in Great Shape.
Stock Axial Tranny bearings.
EEM dual triangulated skid plate modded for the chassis. Center mounted Axial Tranny with MIP Center Drive shafts Front and Rear.
STRC alxe plates and 3link plates
Axial Link pack in Red
NEW Jammin X2 Big Bores shocks. pair of front and pair of rear shocks.
Proline 8shooter rims sprayed to Chrome, with Losi claws and memory foams. good condition claws still, but are USED. Claws are weighted 5 1/4 oz f and 3 3/4 oz in r, Hammers are not weighted at all, just mounted and ready to go.
I will include a set of axial BLs with Pro Line Hammers that are NEW with only a run on them. They also have memory foams in them.

custom side plates will include extra material to make new side door/plates as needed.
steering has been modded into a BTA setup. it works Very good and with proper servo arm setup, (around 7:42 attatchment angle). steering servo plate has been modded to be shifted tothe side for BTA steering mod.
Shocks are NEW Jammin X2 Big Bores, but swapped them around so the longer shocks are in front and in droop setup. the shorter shocks on the rear with yellow springs. THE 2 REAR AXIAL Shocks shown in the pics are not included. ALL 4 Shocks are the Jammin Shocks.
Also has a set of BCR Bearings and a 3 Racing Winch installed. works great. will pull up this 7lb rig with a 2s lipo on it.
heres a link to my photobucket build pics.
http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i189/levi0804/crawler stuff/Moon Buggy/

I am asking 400.00 shipped in the Cont USA for the ROLLER, NO ELECTRONICS MOTOR OR RADIO EQUIPMENT INCLUDED. but if you NEED electronics, i can include a Hitec steering servo and the Novak Rooster combo i have intalled and you see in the picks. I can even include a Traxxas TQ2 setup, to make it fully RTR. if you need. just let me know.

Its a great crawler. and accends/decents very well. its heavier than most at 6 plus lbs, but is quite predictable. I just got back from Cali at a friends place, and i took it with me. did some crawling on this one Rock in his yard. didnt get pics of crawling it, but did take a few pics of the rock when we pulled in Early fri am. heres a couple pics of the rock. was able to make every side EXCEPT the CLIFF side. lol
DSCN5331-1.jpg

DSCN5330.jpg

DSCN5333.jpg

DSCN5329.jpg

DSCN5332-1.gif

pm me any ?. no lowballers. price is firm. ONLY TRADES i ll consider are for a Slash or Nomadio RXs. i ll answer any ? you have or send pictures you need of it as it currently sets. i ll be listing it up on ebay if it doesn't go here or on the other forums i visit.

thanx for looking
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back