My first race!! Greywolf ... I'll send you the bill .....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

True Newb

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
So .. in practice, I believe I set two new track records!! I know, a first timer setting a record?? AMAZING!! Well, that record was the longest distance from the track a car has been launched out of turn 1. I'm so proud!! I also set the record for the same thing in turn 3! A HUGE difference in dirt rather than on my driveway and with a new suspension setup on top of that! I thought I was driving on ice! (It did hail earlier today so ..... ) I kinda started to realize that I'm going to completely SUCK at this but I didn't care. I got to my first race and a miracle happened!! The car actually stayed on the track. I didn't get into any accidents and I let the faster cars by since I was using training wheels. ;) What surprised me the most was that my fastest lap was only .6 seconds slower than the winner's best lap. I was feeling pretty confident now that I figured out the throttle control aspect of everything, thanks to the help of another racer standing next to me telling me when to let off and when to get back into it. This is a small track and you'll never go all out ... which wasn't previously in my playbook. It is now. The last laps I turned were right up there with the faster cars and my car actually looked like I knew what I was doing. Amazing how just 3 minutes in a race can make you improve! I was scheduled to race in the B Main and then all hell broke loose. The wind picked up, the temp dropped and then it hit. The storm finally was upon us and everyone was packing up while I stood there like "Seriously?? You're gonna let alittle category 5 hurricane stop you from racing??". Well .. I joined them after pouting for a few minutes then I looked at the track. It was now a small lake and I started looking for someone with a RC boat to run!! Needless to say, there weren't any there. :( Next week will be double mains and I can't wait! Believe it or not, I did NOT finish last! I'm seeded 6th out of 8 but I plan on changing that REAL quick. This is absolutely AWESOME!! If any of you are near Schenectady NY, you HAVE to run Outer Banks Raceway! Such a great track with GREAT people! :) Thanks again Greywolf. I wouldn't have gone because I wasn't sure of the battery thing. I owe all of the damage I caused to my car, 3 spectators, one Ford truck and a feral cat all to you!!!!

OBR.jpg

So .. in practice, I believe I set two new track records!! I know, a first timer setting a record?? AMAZING!! Well, that record was the longest distance from the track a car has been launched out of turn 1. I'm so proud!! I also set the record for the same thing in turn 3! A HUGE difference in dirt rather than on my driveway and with a new suspension setup on top of that! I thought I was driving on ice! (It did hail earlier today so ..... ) I kinda started to realize that I'm going to completely SUCK at this but I didn't care. I got to my first race and a miracle happened!! The car actually stayed on the track. I didn't get into any accidents and I let the faster cars by since I was using training wheels. ;) What surprised me the most was that my fastest lap was only .6 seconds slower than the winner's best lap. I was feeling pretty confident now that I figured out the throttle control aspect of everything, thanks to the help of another racer standing next to me telling me when to let off and when to get back into it. This is a small track and you'll never go all out ... which wasn't previously in my playbook. It is now. The last laps I turned were right up there with the faster cars and my car actually looked like I knew what I was doing. Amazing how just 3 minutes in a race can make you improve! I was scheduled to race in the B Main and then all hell broke loose. The wind picked up, the temp dropped and then it hit. The storm finally was upon us and everyone was packing up while I stood there like "Seriously?? You're gonna let alittle category 5 hurricane stop you from racing??". Well .. I joined them after pouting for a few minutes then I looked at the track. It was now a small lake and I started looking for someone with a RC boat to run!! Needless to say, there weren't any there. :( Next week will be double mains and I can't wait! Believe it or not, I did NOT finish last! I'm seeded 6th out of 8 but I plan on changing that REAL quick. This is absolutely AWESOME!! If any of you are near Schenectady NY, you HAVE to run Outer Banks Raceway! Such a great track with GREAT people! :) Thanks again Greywolf. I wouldn't have gone because I wasn't sure of the battery thing. I owe all of the damage I caused to my car, 3 spectators, one Ford truck and a feral cat all to you!!!!

View attachment 129914
Awesome! Sounds like you had a great time. I want to take my kiddo down to our local track and let him do some bashing.

Glad you had fun. That's what it's all about. My father doesn't live far from Schenectady so maybe I can talk him into going to send me some videos lol

Awesome! Sounds like you had a great time. I want to take my kiddo down to our local track and let him do some bashing.
I had a BLAST! So much fun and so many people willing to help a true newb!! :)

Glad you had fun. That's what it's all about. My father doesn't live far from Schenectady so maybe I can talk him into going to send me some videos lol
That would be great if he could make it sometime. Make sure he gets me racing in there because it just may be the best comedy film of the year 2021!

View attachment 129914
Thats a really great story to hear about your first time on the track. Sounds like you'll pick it up pretty quickly. I couldnt stay on the track to save my life the first time I went to one. Had to get the wife to marshall for me cuz otherwise Id have been running up and down the podium stairs 700 times an hour. She was not happy... :hehe:

I'm honored to be a part of damaging so many people/things in such a short amount of time! I knew I was helping out for a good cause! 😂🤣💀

View attachment 129914
Dude that's so awesome. Nothing like setting NEW TRACK RECORDS. The first time on the track well done man. Hope you get everything fixed and ready for the next races. Oh I hope the cats ok. 🐈 LOL

Back